We recently launched a new user experience that lays the foundation for a future where Wealthfront is the only financial advisor our clients will ever need. To accomplish this, we redesigned and rebuilt our frontend architecture to deliver a dashboard that provides personalized advice and will ultimately be the center of our clients’ financial lives.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited to focus on product engineering across our frontend web server and client-side application and to contribute to other key parts of our infrastructure.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Roswell: As frontend engineers, we collaborate with a word-class and highly technical design team led by Kate Aronowitz. Through this collaboration, we developed Roswell, our UI toolkit and visual style guide for making beautiful and standards compliant online products. It is designed for modern web browsers and leverages reusable React components, performant CSS animations and our SASS testing library, Sassaby.
- Desktop and Mobile Web Application: We rely on a JRuby on Rails application to serve desktop and mobile web traffic. Some of the interesting challenges we’ve worked through include scaling to hundreds of concurrent requests with multi-threading on the JVM and using Java’s Reflection API to better facilitate communications with our backend services.
- Test, Build and Deployment Infrastructure: We deploy our frontend services multiple times per hour and are constantly scaling to support more users, services, and engineers, so we’re heavily invested improving this infrastructure. We ascribe significant value to i) tools and libraries that keep our automated tests reliable and fast and ii) stable build and deployment infrastructure that scales as we grow.
- Data Platform: We strive to make decisions using objective criteria and automate manual processes wherever possible. As such, frontend engineers frequently contribute to a range of projects on our data platform spanning from building frontend infrastructure operability dashboards and visualizing the results of A/B tests to gathering data to make informed product or technology decisions.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 3+ years in a frontend engineering role
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side framework (such as Express or Django)
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
In just three short years, Wealthfront has rolled out the features and services that now define a new category that we call 'automated investment services.' We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with over $3 billion in assets and growing.