Wellspring is hiring a Software Engineer to help build our new enterprise SaaS product. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our top-notch product, site reliability, and infrastructure teams to develop creative solutions to real-world customer demands.
Our clients fight diseases, improve natural resource efficiency, create next generation electronics, and develop higher yield crops. Wellspring is the leading provider of software to manage R&D and innovation. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, premier research universities, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring offers a dynamic work environment located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Our team is highly collaborative, technical, and creative. This role will give you hands-on experience with the design and operation of a modern microservice-based SaaS application.
- Design and develop high quality code and tests
- Optimize our code, platform, frameworks, and APIs for modularity, scalability, and efficiency
- Ensure the continued integrity of our code through testing, design reviews, and refactoring
- Propose and implement solutions that balance technical realities with product needs
- Participation in the full product development life cycle
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a postive team environment
- Experience building web applications using multi-tiered or service-oriented architectures
- 3 years of professional software engineering experience
- Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of enterprise software architecture patterns, RESTful API design, and Domain-Driven
- Design principles
- Strong interest in Continuous Delivery, DevOps, and Linux
- Experience using graph databases and Gremlin
- Understanding of functional/declarative programming practices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering or Computer Science