Who we are:
Wise Systems builds cloud-based autonomous dispatching and routing software used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve efficiency and customer service. Wise Systems is on a mission to optimize the world, helping logistics operations compete in an increasingly dynamic and connected world.
Based in Cambridge, MA and Montreal, QC, Wise Systems was started out of MIT with the goal of using data to help cities and industries operate in smarter ways. Wise Systems has grown steadily, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow, we are eager to bring together people who are curious, ambitious, and creative. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and cutting-edge products, we need you.
What we are looking for:
Wise Systems is looking for a hands on Engineering Manager to lead, grow and develop our software engineering team. You will work alongside other engineering leadership to manage the team and expand our team’s technical capabilities and the development of best-in-class solutions. You will be responsible for overseeing your team’s work, creating effective development processes, mentoring and developing engineers, hiring a diverse team, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality, enterprise-grade software.
You are a technically minded engineer with experience managing a team of engineers. You have fostered and mentored a diverse team of engineers. You are an excellent communicator and are curious and excited by tackling challenging problems. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute to the solution in collaboration with other engineers in the team.
We need someone who can engage in conversations about complex technical architecture and the personal goals of team members.
- Prioritizing, along with product team, the work for a team of 5+ engineers to ensure product development goals are met
- Working with engineering leadership and product management to implement and oversee effective software development processes that empower the development of reliable and high-quality technology
- Engaging in decisions over technical architecture and design
- Developing and maintaining a full-stack application deployed in the cloud
- Interacting with enterprise clients to assist with onboarding and integration
- Recruiting and hiring engineers
- Coaching your team as leaders and engineers
- Maintaining a positive and collaborative engineering culture
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Extensive knowledge with big data ecosystem and cloud based technology
- Proficient understanding of data infrastructure and backend systems
- Experience at a rapidly growing startup is preferred
- Experience with recruiting and mentoring fellow engineers
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- You are a patient and empathetic leader
- You are passionate about people and their development
- You love solving difficult problems
- You are a creative and strategic thinker
- You are a quick and self-motivated learner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.