Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. Take a peek at our fair and personalised loans, our round-up app, and our free credit scoring dashboard.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #6 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work and #8 on WRK+ Best Places to Work 2021!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.
Keen to put your smart part to work? Applications are open to engineers based in Australia with the opportunity to work remotely from your home office.
About the job
As a .NET Developer, you’ll get to work on a variety of projects within our Wisr ecosystem. Some of the tasks we have been doing or are planning to do in the short term include: refactoring parts of our core monolith application and splitting it out in separate services where sensible, building RESTful APIs to expose functionality from existing services, maintain and expand the features of our existing systems and craft brand new applications as we deep-dive into the financial wellness space.
Our new front-end applications are being developed in React and all older ones are being migrated from AngularJS to React as well. If you’re keen on full-stack development, then this role can be expanded into a full-stack one.
Some common activities in this role include:
– Working closely with your team to deliver user stories, ensuring they are well understood beforehand
– Sitting down with users to understand how are they using the product your team is building
– Writing well organized, intention-revealing, clean code, following SOLID principles
– Developing software using a TDD approach
– Participating in code reviews
– Build and manage CI/CD pipelines
You are acquainted with all phases of the SDLC and you have a passion for writing clean & maintainable code and testing it. You understand the value of automation and you’ll actively look to enrich our CICD pipeline to deliver high-quality work in a sustainable way.
You’ll have thorough knowledge and experience in –
– .Net Framework 4+, C#, Asp.Net
– MS SQL and Entity Framework
– .Net Core 3+
– RESTful APIs best practices
– Unit testing
– Azure DevOps or similar CI/CD tools
– Ability to work in an Agile environment
– Test Driven Development (desirable)
– Azure App Services, Functions or cloud platforms (desirable)
– Experience with IaC (desirable)
If applying for a full stack role, knowledge of React and a JS unit testing framework such as Jest is a must.
Besides your technical skills, you also understand that having domain knowledge of the product you’re building is essential to be a successful developer, and you’ll seek to make technical decisions that support the business goals.
Not sure if you tick all the boxes? Don’t rule yourself out just yet. If you’re interested, we would love to hear from you, so get in touch!
Our culture & perks
– Work from your home office, or your local beach – the opportunities are endless
– $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
– Generous paid parental leave
– Udemy pass to learn new skills (maybe this is the year you learn how to take up your pants instead of asking your parents)
– Share incentive programs
– Fortnightly Friday lunch club and endless snacks
– Casual dress code (Chucks encouraged!)
– Table tennis and regular tournaments
– Arcade machine & massage pod
– Regular social events and awesome team offsites
– It’s 5pm somewhere in the world, so finish off the day with a Wisr Beer!
You’ll be joining a high-performing team with a focus on psychological wellbeing and safety. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr – that’s where you’ll do your best work.
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities.
Bonus points for a kickass cover letter addressing the role and how you’ll make an impact here @ Wisr!