Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
As we grow the Peakon engineering team at Workday, we are looking for an Engineering Manager based in Copenhagen to lead the work on our Foundation development team, focusing on the core technologies of our product.
The Peakon team at Workday is driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe that when an organization listens to employee feedback and empowers every employee to drive the change they want to see, it can create more fulfilling jobs and grow in ways never before imagined.
We’re in the business of creating great places to work, so it should be no surprise that being a great place to work is our highest priority. With ambitions as big as ours, we see individual growth and development as the key strategy for growing our business.
About the Role
You’ll be leading a team consisting of 6 engineers who will report directly to you.
You will be responsible for planning, prioritization, and execution of our foundational technology roadmap, working closely with other engineering leaders to prioritize, refine and break down projects, ensuring a high level of quality and timely delivery of these projects. You will be guiding the day-to-day technical work of the team, focusing on sound architecture, quality, and building the right things, the right way.
You will be responsible for coaching and growing the engineers on the team, as well as hiring and on-boarding new team members. You will be a member of the wider Engineering Management team, meeting regularly with peers from other teams to discuss best practices and challenges.
In addition to supporting the team, you will be contributing code regularly and participating in the day to day work by providing constructive feedback, participating in code reviews, picking up smaller coding tasks and providing extra support where needed to drive projects to completion.
As part of the Peakon team at Workday, you’ll:
- Line manage 6+ engineers of various disciplines and experience levels
- Provide guidance to your direct reports, knowing when to coach and when to mentor. Listening to the needs of the team, to support them, rather than prescribing change.
- Use your technical expertise to contribute towards building a best-in-class product
- Set your team up for success by removing obstacles and support their personal and professional growth
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to plan and prioritize work
- Work closely with our talent team to define a hiring process for your team that ensures we hire the best talent
- 3+ years of experience managing multidisciplinary teams
- 4+ years of experience in a hands-on technical role
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple complex technical projects
- Familiarity with NodeJS and AWS
- You have experience building web applications with an understanding of scalability, high availability, latency and throughput
- You are open to opinions of others and constructively discuss solutions to find the best one for the challenge at hand
- You are familiar with building teams based on trust, transparency, accountability, and empathy.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English