Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
As we grow the Peakon engineering team at Workday, we are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join us in Copenhagen. Peakon teams own their roadmap, work collaboratively and include engineering, UI/UX design, and product management.
The Peakon team at Workday is driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe that when an organisation listens to employee feedback and empowers every employee to drive the change they want to see, it can create more fulfilling jobs and grow in ways never before imagined.
We’re in the business of creating great places to work, so it should be no surprise that being a great place to work is our highest priority. With ambitions as big as ours, we see individual growth and development as the key strategy for growing our business.
About the Role
Your focus will be to contribute to the development, architecture, and evolution of the Peakon platform.
You will be a key contributor in technical and architectural discussions within the backend engineering team, working closely with peers and engineering leaders to drive the technical direction of our platform forward.
You’ll also act as a role model, supporting your team members directly with continuous feedback through collaborative code reviews, technical mentoring and coaching.
As part of the Peakon team at Workday, you’ll:
- Be an integral member of a cross-functional team working in an agile environment
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, QAs, and the team’s product manager to deliver exciting and impactful features for employees across all levels at companies who use Peakon everyday
- Regularly review and discuss other engineer’s code
- Contribute to and provide guidance for architectural changes of high complexity with other engineers across all levels
- Participate in the hiring process, helping us continuously scale our engineering teams
- Use your technical expertise to contribute towards building a best-in-class product
We make it a priority to stay on the cutting edge of tech. We are highly motivated by learning and growing in our roles, and constantly evolving is a key part of that.
We are primarily hosted on AWS and we use PostgreSQL (through RDS), Redis and ElasticSearch for storage. We rely heavily on automated testing on all levels of the application, with thousands of tests checking every commit to our code base. We use Buildkite for continuous integration to make sure our most recent changes are always available to test, and we deploy code to our production environment every day.
- 5+ years of experience with backend development
- 3+ years designing and building large scale APIs using a common architectural style such as REST or GraphQL
- You have worked in a team setting, using collaborative tools for version control and project management.
- You have experience doing code reviews and providing feedback to your colleagues
- You are familiar with a Node.js based ecosystem or willing to put in the extra work at the beginning to make the switch
- You have experience building web applications with an understanding of scalability, high availability, latency and throughput
- You are open to opinions of others and constructively discuss solutions to find the best one for the challenge at hand
- You are able to quickly and accurately break down, estimate, prioritise, and deliver projects of high technical complexity
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English