Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
As we grow the Peakon engineering team at Workday, we are looking for an experienced Senior Front End Engineer in Copenhagen, Denmark. Peakon teams own their roadmap, work collaboratively and include engineering, UI/UX design, and product management.
The Peakon team at Workday is driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe that when an organisation listens to employee feedback and empowers every employee to drive the change they want to see, it can create more fulfilling jobs and grow in ways never before imagined.
We’re in the business of creating great places to work, so it should be no surprise that being a great place to work is our highest priority. With ambitions as big as ours, we see individual growth and development as the key strategy for growing our business.
About the Role
Your focus will be to develop and evolve the more sophisticated parts of the Peakon frontend application, and the tools surrounding it. You will be implementing new features and products, crafting delightful user experiences in close collaboration with Peakon UX/UI designers.
You will be a key contributor in technical discussions within the frontend team, working closely with peers and engineering leads to set the technical direction of our frontend architecture.
You’ll also act as a role model, supporting your team members directly with continuous feedback through collaborative code reviews, technical mentoring and coaching.
We make it a priority to stay on the cutting edge of tech. We are highly motivated by learning and growing in our roles, and constantly evolving is a key part of that.
We are primarily hosted on Heroku and AWS, with a growing number of our services moving to the latter. We use PostgreSQL (through RDS), Redis and ElasticSearch for storage.
We rely heavily on automated testing on all levels of the application, with thousands of tests checking every commit to our code base.
We use Buildkite for continuous integration to make sure our most recent changes are always available to test, and we deploy code to our production environment every day.
- 5+ years of experience with frontend development
- You have worked in a team setting, using collaborative tools for version control, code reviews and project management
- You have experience doing code reviews and providing feedback to your colleagues
- You have experience with React based ecosystem or willingness to put the extra work at the beginning to make the switch
- You are familiar with the concepts of making web applications accessible
- You are open to opinions of others and constructively discuss solutions to find the best one for the challenge at hand
- You are able to quickly and accurately break down, estimate, prioritise, and deliver projects of high technical complexity
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English