Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is a global leader in the payments industry and the technology partner of choice for merchants, banks and acquirers. Powered by 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries, Worldline provides its clients with sustainable, trusted and innovative solutions fostering their growth. Services offered by Worldline include instore and online commercial acquiring, highly secure payment transaction processing and numerous digital services. In 2021 Worldline generated a proforma revenue close to 4 billion euros. worldline.com
Worldline’s corporate purpose (“raison d’être”) is to design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. Worldline makes them environmentally friendly, widely accessible, and supports social transformation.
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We’ve established ourselves as a leading developer of creative software solutions. If you are a highly-skilled software engineer, then get ready to join our software technology center. You have authoritative knowledge of software development and validated experience in testing? If finding and crafting software solutions as well as finding issues and fixing them with appealing, meticulous code are among the tasks that you’re passionate about, we’d like to hear from you.
The Software Engineers in the Acquiring Global Products back office team develop systems through which European merchants manage their payments and through which millions of electronic payments are processed daily. In addition to the core systems, which ensure smooth payment transactions, we develop web applications as an entry point for our customers. We give our employees a lot of trust and great freedom and expect them to inspire our customers and us with their passion.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include
- Help to build stable and at the same time modern systems
- Work in an Agile DevOps team that accompanies features from analysis, design, implementation, functional testing to operation and support (including stand-by)
- Bring your enthusiasm to try out and use leading edge technologies and learn a lot in the process
Skills we can’t do without
- Passion for software development
- Experience with Java and relational database software development
- Interest in new things and fast learning
- Customer-oriented and independent
- Analytical and networked thinking
- Flexible, creative and pragmatic team player
- Very good knowledge of German and English
Skills we’d like
- You have profound (4+ years) experience with Java 11+ (JEE, Spring) and Oracle DB (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Practical knowledge with versioning (Git)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Linux
- Computer science education (college, university)
- Knowledge of agile software development
- Familiarity with clean code principles
- Wish to continue to grow professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities (including design patterns and functional programming)
Applicants must be authorized to work in Switzerland (EU resident or valid work permit in Switzerland).
Worldline, Hardturmstr. 201, 8005 Zürich. For any questions please contact Denis Götze, telephone no. Tel +49 (0)151 44 16 1295