X2O Media provides unified visual communication and collaboration solutions for higher education as well as corporate clients across the globe! Our award-winning X2O Platform represents a new category of communication tools that improve how enterprises and learning institutions engage with their employees & students. X2O OneRoom collaboration technology has been installed worldwide at many learning institutions and corporations. X2O Media is part of the STRATACACHE family of digital media / marketing technology companies and is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. For information, visit www.x2omedia.com and follow our updates on LinkedIn and Twitter!
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer to join our Engineering team on a full-time, direct basis. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of our existing product suite, as well as our next-generation visual communications system.
- Contribute to global architecture and system design.
- Work on the development and design of our next-generation products.
- Continue development, design, and maintenance of our existing product suite.
- Evaluate current software architecture/development environments and contribute to their improvement.
- Follow industry standard applications development techniques and practices.
- Provide software documentation, both in program code and externally.
- Participate in development meetings and provide status reports.
- Take on additional duties, as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline is preferred.
- Two years or more of professional experience working in Software Engineering, Applications Development, Web Development, and/or Computer Programming.
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages to develop commercial-grade software applications; experience working with C#.NET and/or Java is preferred.
- Experience with RESTful API’s and/or web services.
- Experience with graphics/video libraries is an asset.
- Experience developing intuitive User Interfaces [UI] using current concepts and components.
- Applied knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design and programming principles.
- In-depth knowledge of data management, including relational databases.
- In-depth understanding of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) concepts and design.
- Developing high-volume transactional server applications using Microsoft .NET technology.
- Developing highly scalable server architectures, including load-balancing redundancy.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written & verbal).
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: As a condition of employment, all successful candidates are required to consent and successfully pass mandatory background screening prior to first day of employment.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NOTE: Local candidates only. No relocation or immigration assistance is available for this position.
No recruiters or third parties.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for follow-up will be contacted.