XenZone is on a mission. We are finding ways to use technology to create mental wellness for all. We are looking for a software engineer to help us build and deliver great front-end experiences to our users, many of whom are children who want help. We like to hire compassionate software engineers who’d love to join a positive, growing team that cares about things like TDD, simple design, frequent releases, walking meetings and stemming the rising tide of anxiety and depression in our society.
We’ve been working with local councils since 2005, and already help over 50,000 young adults and children every month, through services like Kooth.com. There are huge opportunities ahead and we’d like to redefine society’s approach to mental wellness.
You’d like to;
- Regularly release great software
- Work on products that help humans when they’re having a tough time
- Be part of a 15-strong team in an engineering environment built to get the best out of technologists
- Help us innovate and improve a modern and evolving tech stack
- Work in a complex, regulated domain
We think you can help us if;
- You believe front end engineering is complex engineering with hard problems to solve
- You have experience with React 16 and test-driving pragmatic, simple front end code
- You know enough HTML and CSS to deliver accessible, cross-device and cross-browser experiences
- You have experience consuming RESTful web services
- You’d like to learn, or already know how to configure and deploy web apps using Docker, GCP, Kubernetes and NGINX
- You want to work in a pragmatic, evolving and agile environment where we care about each other and getting things done
XenZone work with a massively diverse set of user needs, thinking about the future of mental health. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our products and services will be. We’ve created an environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work and we’re proud that our engineering team is currently 77% people who are historically under-represented in tech. We’d love it if you applied for one of our roles.
Our benefits include 28 days holiday (plus public holidays and your birthday off), healthcare cash spending plan, 3% pension contribution and a cycle to work scheme.