Arbor provides sustainability as a service, and is a data platform that enables brands to increase their profits, and save the planet. Utilizing a proprietary sustainability data engine, Arbor provides companies with the power to measure, improve, and showcase the sustainability of their products.
We have built a strong and transparent company culture, so that everyone feels comfortable, included and seen. At Arbor, everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, collaborate on projects, or just make memes. We foster an inclusive and diverse environment of people who are passionate about innovating the field of sustainability – and who have fun while doing it.
Join a company where sustainability isn’t just a buzzword.
You can learn more about us at arbor.eco
The Role: Arbor is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work closely alongside our CTO to expand Arbor’s data capabilities using ETL/ELT and data warehousing best practices. We are a fast growing company, with a relatively small development / data team. With this role, you will get to work on challenging and rewarding problems and you will be given a lot of freedom and autonomy over the areas you are responsible for. Plus, you get to make a real difference! Arbor’s mission is to create real impact with our data.
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Position Location: Remote
What you will do:
- Work closely with CTO to develop data strategies for new data
- Execute on Arbor’s current data strategy by using various data sources to increase the breadth, depth, and precision of Arbor’s data
- Conceptualize and Develop ETL/ELT pipeline for new data coming from a variety of data sources
- Brainstorm and implement solutions using data for challenging problems such as:
- Determining the social impact of products
- Filling gaps where data is not available
- Expanding into other industries
- Create and manage data warehousing solutions
- Develop algorithms to identify and resolve anomalies in data
- Work with development team to create algorithms to automate Life Cycle Assessment across different industries
- Work with development team to develop machine learning algorithms to increase the breadth and accuracy of impact assessment
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with data warehousing & big data
- Experience with ETL or ELT pipelines
- Experience with data warehousing and ETL tools such as Snowflake, BigQuery, and Hadoop
- Strong experience with databases such as MySQL and MongoDB, and scripting languages
- Ability to ingest and standardize data from multiple sources, including databases, event streams, REST APIs, and web-scraping
- Strong communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally to articulate, measure and solve issues.
- Positive, can-do attitude, self-motivated and a team-player
- Passion for sustainability and data is an asset
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced startup environment is considered an asset.
If you want to use your skills, voice, and vision to create a more sustainable world for businesses and consumers alike, you belong at Arbor. You’ll be part of a high-growth company that is defining the new landscape of how businesses and people do good in the world.
In addition to rewarding work we offer:
Employee share plan
Competitive employee benefit plan
Flexible office/work-from-home arrangements (or fully remote work depending on location)
Unlimited vacation days
Quarterly paid volunteer days
Weekly team-bonding events
And so much more!
Sound like we’d be a good fit for each other? Apply today!
Arbor is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive company environment for our people, one we are all proud to belong to. Arbor is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.