Would you like to work on one of the world’s largest transactional distributed systems? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon’s business on cool new features? Whether you’re passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or a software developer who likes to solve business problems, Customer Protection Systems is the place for you.
Customer Protection Systems is responsible for building out core Amazon services and protecting customer and corporate data across all of Amazon, whether it’s the retail website, Kindle or AWS, we secure the data. Every aspect of our business interacts with our systems, if our systems are not up and running the company stops, and if we’re not rapidly delivering new, easy to use features the whole company slows down. We’re at the intersection of can never go down, and need to move at agile, internet speed. We’re connected to all aspects of Amazon’s business. Including enabling the next generation of retail services on AWS infrastructure.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads. Our system responds to millions of service requests per minute. We do security software for high availability systems. We make it easy for our internal customers to follow security best practices. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Or would you like to learn more and stretch your skills and career?
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.
We’re looking for people who are smart and can get things done, though the following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux and Oracle-based environment. We’re looking for a range of experience, from brilliant and motivated new college graduates to technical leaders with the scars and battle-tested wisdom.
- MINIMUM 3 years software development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Experience with large scale security, enterprise and web preferred
- Working knowledge of major security protocols (e.g. ssh, Kerberos, TLS, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in AWS
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.