Our Engineering team is growing with the addition of a Principal Developer, Architecture. This new senior-level individual contributor role reports to the Director, Software Development, and will play a key part in defining our technology roadmap, scaling our SaaS platform, and evolving the architecture of our successful suite of desktop and web-based applications.
If making a difference matters to you and working with a company that helps its clients build better workplaces sounds like an exciting adventure, then read on!
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Director, Software Development to lay out design patterns, build technical skills within our teams and refine our processes
- Collaborate with our team of ~20 developers to plan and execute the decomposition of our existing monolithic desktop[ and web apps into a service-oriented, web-based architecture
- Leverage cloud-native technologies in Azure to improve the reliability, scalability and deployability of our apps
- On average we expect you to spend 50% of your time hands-on coding, and the remaining time teaching and supporting other developers.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience scaling a maintainable multi-tenant cloud-based SaaS product to support a continuously growing user base
- Experience building, maintaining, and deploying a product using a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Experience in both hands-on and technical oversight roles, ideally working on multiple different products
- Pragmatic, situational approach to architecture (Microservices are not the only answer :))
- Architected highly available REST and/or GraphQL API services
- Comfortable splitting your time between planning, coding and teaching
- Experience with cloud-native services such as messaging, distributed caching, API gateways, and serverless computing
Nice to have:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with build pipelines and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server
What you can expect:
- Work in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a history of proven success
- Develop professional internal and external relationships with other people who are passionate about building better workplaces
- Foster innovation and drive efficiencies within the HR and Payroll landscape
- Connect with a rapidly growing and passionate group in an open, collaborative, and fun environment
- Live and work anywhere in Canada as part of our flexible, distributed work philosophy
We are a determined and committed team that helps Canadian companies build better workplaces through our all-in-one HCM SaaS platform. We are proud to partner with some of Canada’s most recognizable brands, spanning from Corner Brook, Newfoundland to Victoria, BC. After four decades of continued growth, we are more passionate than ever about providing great client experiences.
Avanti HCM is a highly configurable, fully integrated Payroll, Human Resource, Recruiting and Workforce Management solution that enables our clients to manage their employees from hire to retire.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
At Avanti we value everyone’s opinions and ideas. We believe that an inclusive environment harnesses the power of the innate diversity of our team. This allows us to drive innovative change by evaluating and adopting suggestions based on their value to our business and not the source of the idea. We know that embracing inclusion helps us, individually and collectively, to be better every day as a company and as people. We are committed to equal opportunity and welcome people of any gender identity, race, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any underrepresented groups to apply.