Help Lead Software Innovation through Game Changing Products
You can turn great ideas into code and turn that code into groundbreaking and beautiful new applications. You also crave an opportunity to work with the best and brightest engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs to create new digital experiences in an environment that’s both collaborative, and free from micromanagement.
Here’s Your New Opportunity
We’re a global team of the most accomplished designers, engineers, and product experts you’ll find anywhere. The new business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the world’s most important companies, and help them get to the next horizon of digital innovation.
In your role as a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Build, maintain and refine high performance, scalable systems, serving an essential function in all groundwork, infrastructure and product discussions from conception to completion
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for designing product user interfaces that help drive rapid business growth
- Apply expertise in developing object-oriented software in Java and building Java-based applications and REST API services
- Develop service-based architecture and designing persistence and caching models using SQL and NoSQL
To succeed in this position, you’ll need some very special attributes. Demonstrate an exceptional knowledge of modern software engineering tools and best practices. Be eager to learn and excited to be on the cutting edge of technology.
Specifically, though, we need you to have:
- 5+ years of experience building core Java applications and REST API services
- Experience leading software engineering teams on Java projects
- Experience with the Spring framework (we’re on Spring Boot) and related technologies like Hibernate
- Proven competencies in designing persistence and caching models using MySQL
- Experience with AWS cloud based systems
- Effective time management abilities in order to move quickly and release small batches frequently
- A deep understanding of software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews and design documentation
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
- The ability to build scalable, high quality, distributed services
Additional Preferred Competencies:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
- Entrepreneurial / Startup Experience
- UX / UI design Experience
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
About BCG Digital Ventures
BCG Digital Ventures is a corporate investment and incubation firm. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. We share risk and invest alongside our corporate and startup partners via a range of collaborative options.
Founded in 2014, we have major Innovation and Investment Centers in Manhattan Beach, Berlin, London, Sydney, San Francisco and New York, as well as DV Hatches in Silicon Valley, Seattle and Mexico City, with more locations opening in the coming quarters.
Our Centers and Hatches are home to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, operators and investors who are building businesses, creating and expanding markets and developing new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe. For further information, please visit www.bcgdv.com