As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a member of a small cross-functional Scrum team and get involved in every aspect of the product development cycle. You’ll work closely with a Product Manager and be in charge of the development of your product features–you’ll figure out how they should be architected, design the DB schema, write the code, write the unit tests, and make sure that loose ends are tied up. We are a growing Engineering team, yet we offer a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. If you’re a person who enjoys working with a lot of freedom, but knows how to take full ownership of a project and meet deadlines with quality, then this is the role for you.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 4+ years of professional experience in at least one dynamic server-side language: PHP, Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, Scala, or similar!
- A solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and Linux operating systems.
- Expert understanding of web application internals and common technologies.
- Strong understanding of deployment strategies and production infrastructure needs.
- Experience in Ember, AngularJS, Backbone, Knockout, Meteor, or similar frameworks.
- Extensive experience in application scalability at any application tier.
- Proficiency in SQL, relational database schema design and ORM technologies.
- Strong communication and leadership abilities.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices.
- An interest in mentoring and coaching is a plus!