At Cardata, our goal is to simplify the administrative and financial burdens experienced by companies with employees on the road. We partner with our customers to find the easiest and most cost-effective solution, using best-in-class technology, to reimburse their employees for using their personal vehicles for work.
We’re moving into the next chapter of our company’s evolution and are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to join us.
Who You Are:
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you’ll design and develop front- and back-end architecture to bring to life new features, upgrades and custom developments on the Cardata Mobile application. You’ll leverage your expertise in various languages and technologies to ensure responsiveness and utility of features, create and deploy bug fixes, and develop an exceptional user interface. As a senior engineer on our small but mighty engineering team, your work will have a high impact and influence on the direction and evolution of the Cardata product!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning and retrospective sessions to ensure developments are properly scoped and scheduled
- Leverage technical expertise to develop highly available, secure, and scalable mobile (Android and iOS) application features
- Assist with designing overall architecture of upcoming initiatives
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with Product team members to create mobile design features based on customer feedback and company needs
- Develop and deploy APIs to effectively integrate the Cardata product with our clients’ existing enterprise systems
- Staying abreast of developments in mobile applications and programming languages
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in software development or engineering, with at least 3 years’ experience building and maintaining iOS and Android applications
- Understanding of database technology (MySQL/MariaDB), sourcing and staging
- Strong time management, with an aptitude for scoping projects and developing accurate timelines
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze situations and develop effective solutions in a timely manner
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with a strong sense of accountability and ability to take ownership of tasks
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent educational experience (ex. Brainstation, Lighthouse Labs)
Why You’ll Love Working at Cardata:
Cardata provides you with a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success. Additionally, you will be provided with:
- Opportunity for career progression in a growing company (we’ve scaled from 15-47 people in one year, and still growing!)
- Competitive salary + bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Healthcare spending account
- 15 days vacation plus additional paid time off
- 3 pit-stop days (Cardata’s own version of mental health days!)
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.