carwow is changing the way Britain buys new cars by turning the existing car-buying process on its head.
Through carwow, the UK’s best-rated dealers compete for your business, taking the hassle and haggling out of new car buying.
It’s the way forward.
We’re a driven, energetic startup based in central London and are backed by Europe’s leading VC’s including:
- Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL)
- Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon)
- Episode 1 (Zoopla, LOVEFiLM, Shazam)
- Samos (Betfair, Ocado, PKR)
- We’ve raised over £19m in funding since we launched in 2013, so we’re growing fast!
We’re not just looking for talented developers, we’re looking for someone to join our Tech team who is passionate about delivering a great product to millions of people. We believe technology is one of our greatest assets and differentiates us from other competitors. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better and we always look for innovative ways to use data and technology. But we need more, and that’s where you come in: we believe it’s part of our job to get better by hiring the best.
And use a bunch of other technologies daily; Haml, Sass, Heroku, AWS being the most usual suspects. We use whatever we feel are the right tools for the job. We scale when scale is needed. We’re keen to learn and we have regular study groups (at the moment we are running an internal weekly Elixir coding dojo).
**NB: You must have full working permission to work in the UK – unfortunately at this moment in time we are unable to offer visa sponsorship **
Who we’re looking for
Ideally we’d like someone with 3+ years of experience with a passion for product.
Great communication skills are a must as we’re a very collaborative team and work closely with other teams across the business. In terms of knowledge, you’ll need a good understanding of Object Oriented programming principles and experience working with experienced agile teams
As well as being a strong developer you need to be confident in what you’re doing and know when to argue your case. Got an idea? We want you to execute it!
Why should I join carwow?
- Want training? We’ve got weekly German language classes, presentation skills training, management training, yoga classes – we’re also teaching the rest of the company how to code!
- We also encourage people to attend and speak at conferences, we recently attended Ruby Brighton and are planning to attend ElixirLDN.
- Generous holiday, a training budget and work from home 1 day a week
- A chance to work in a truly data-driven environment. We A/B test extensively and data is core to our decision making process
- Get to work with a highly experienced team on a high traffic site
- Continuous delivery – every push to master goes straight to production (assuming the tests have passed!)
- Your choice of hardware
- Regular team lunches, free fruit and fancy coffee on tap (and tea!)
- Annual company ski trip – last year we went to Austria
- A sociable team with monthly office-wide events, past events include Wine & Cheese night, the month before we had the carwow Olympics in Regents’ park (which involved a very competitive round of Nerf Archery!)
- Friday wine/beers
- Netball, football, tennis and cricket teams