With over 1,100 tech companies right here in Melbourne, it can be quite mind-boggling to know which one to work for. If you managed to find your way here, you’ve come to the right place. Convincely is not just another tech startup trying to make it big, we actually get the tech in technology.
After years of research and development, we have come up with very creative and effective ways to capture a user’s attention and guide them on to an epic gamified journey. With this breakthrough, we have made a name for ourselves in the industry. This wouldn’t be possible if we didn’t love what we do as a problem solver and the passion to learn and succeed.
We don’t believe there can ever be a perfect candidate, but to be successful in this application it’s all about having the right mindset. Do you always have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge? We are always experimenting with the latest and greatest of technologies and will require someone to take the initiative to tell us something we don’t already know.
We are looking for a strong Senior Full Stack Developer, one who prides themselves in writing clean, elegant, robust and efficient code. Someone who likes learning new things, or discovering better ways of doing things which we highly encourage. Our current stack is React/Preact and Node.js going completely serverless all hosted on AWS using S3, CloudFront and Lambda. We are also in the hype for the highly anticipated new framework called Svelte and are looking for someone who has experience or is very keen on learning it.
This is a critical role in the quest for world domination in the tech space, you will be highly rewarded for your efforts in terms of salary and job satisfaction.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong senior level full-stack software development experience with Node.js (2 or more years) with a detailed understanding of user interface frameworks, back-end software architecture interactions and node module capabilities
- Likes working with modern Frameworks e.g. AngularJS, React, Vue.js, Svelte
- Strong in HTML and CSS/SASS/SCSS, think flexbox and CSS Grid Layout. (Note: we hate using floats!)
- Knows all the smart tools out there that help with keeping the codebase clean, like autoprefixer, babel/buble, eslint, webpack and rollup just to name a few
- An advocate of Test Driven Development (TDD) or BDD
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience in latest versions of Node.js, likes playing with new features such as async/await
- Experience with AWS
- Knows their way around modern version control systems such as git
- Complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution of issues within open source applications.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading development, integration and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for real-time software systems
- Review test plans, unit tests, functional tests with over 90% code coverage to ensure high-quality delivery
- Implement engineering excellence by enforcing regular code reviews, continuous integration, high test code coverage, ongoing code refactoring and adequate documentation
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and lead root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures; determine corrective action and improvements to prevent a recurrence
- Serve as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes, and methodologies
- Working with designers and design tools (Zeplin)
- Actively participate in Sprint planning and execution
Other things you need to know about us:
- Located in leafy St Kilda Rd with easy access to transport
- Training and development of our staff is our number 1 priority
- We believe in work, rest and play
- We like to travel from time to time
The following experiences are not required, however, will be highly regarded:
- Familiar with Web Accessibility (AA Conformance)
- Experience with source code versioning and Pull Requests
- Experience with Nginx
- Knowledge of SonarQube, Karma, Jasmine
- Database experience with MongoDB/Hadoop/DynamoDB
- Experience designing and developing Software as a Service (SaaS) architectures
What you need to do now
Just click on the “Apply for job” button and submit your latest resume.