Euromonitor International is the world leader in strategic and tactical business research and analysis. A recognised innovator, consistently out-performing our peers –we now have 15 offices in 14 countries with around 1,200 staff and a further 800 + contributing analysts in over 80 countries around the world. We have come a long way from our beginnings in 1972 and our products now include our award-winning Passport database and our latest product VIA, consumer and industrial market reports, detailed city surveys, global trends and consumer survey. We also have a flourishing Consulting division. Our reports, analysis and forecasts are considered essential reading by business leaders for their cutting-edge content, design and usability. Euromonitor’s clients include the world’s major multinationals, banks, consultancies, libraries and business schools.
Brief overview of the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are seeking a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality, and high-performing web applications on the Microsoft technology stack.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing applications. You will work with a team of experienced developers and business resources to build high-performing enterprise systems that assist clients in making the best strategic decisions for their business. This includes the maintenance and promotion of department coding standards and naming convention.
Contributing to the creation of project delivery timelines will be a key responsibility by providing technical insight and participating in estimation sizing discussions as required. This team will be embedded in our consulting and innovation projects, on a day-to-day basis working directly with Data Science, Catalyst and innovation Leaders.
Key to this role is ensuring the correct Degree or National Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related qualification.
You enjoy working with colleagues you can rely on and learn from, and you bring a lot to the table yourself.
You are willing to leave your ego at the door and are open to learning from those around you, but you are also comfortable in vigorously debating the right approach to solving problems.
You value an engineering culture rooted in collaboration, humility, trust, responsibility, and learning.
You stay up to speed on new technologies and introduce them to your teammates.
You enjoy the idea of deploying your own code on your first day of work.
You are an excellent communicator and collaborator, especially with non-technical co-workers.
- Based on discussions with your SCRUM Team design applications according to end user needs.
- Track projects, tasks and bugs using Azure DevOps.
- Understand requirements from a business perspective and contribute to designing clear, easy-to-use applications from a user perspective.
- Involved in the creation of completely new applications or, build upon the functionality of existing ones.
- Work closely with others on the teams/team members to come up with the best possible solutions for the applications.
- Involved in the development of Euromonitor’s technology solutions to improve functionality, user-friendliness and presentation of our products
- Liaise with Business Analysts, Product Managers and/or internal/external customers to ensure that requirements are understood.
- Engage in technical discussion contributing to design and development.
- Involved in independent research contributing to technical discussions where required.
- Contribute the practice of BDD/TDD/DDD as part of the software engineer best practice.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Ensure compliance of final product with end-user specifications through regular reviews with designated end-user groups where applicable.
- This could include testing functionality of your own and colleagues’ code for performance and effecting changes to code as required.
- Regular code reviews with colleagues to identify bugs and performance problems ensuring code and product quality
Monitor, analyze, and act on post-deployment bugs.
- Review of user feedback and proposing/implementing action plans for development.
- Provide any required support to end-users of the applications.
- Contribute to the training of team members on agile development practices, use of appropriate design patterns and SOLID/design principles in their day-to-day work.
- Contribute to the technical ownership of projects/tasks ensuring their successful completion to project deadlines.
- Responsible for the technical quality of junior team members within the team.
- Ensure the writing of concise documentation for applications and websites.
- Show initiative to use new technologies and methodologies that will benefit projects and responding to the introduction of software advances and upgrades.
- Participating in the recruitment of new staff.
- 5+ years hands on development experience using Microsoft .NET technologies to build Micro Service Architecture, Event Driven Architecture, Web Applications.
- ExperienceSolid Understanding in the below frameworks:.NET Core
- SQL Server or Azure SQL, (additional knowledge of NoSQL would be an advantage)
- ExperienceUnderstanding of DevOps practices including:Continuous integration/Deployment (CI/CD)
- ExperienceUnderstanding to the below testing toolset:Postman, Insomnia
- ExperienceUnderstanding of any one of the following Cloud technologies:Azure
- OOP programming (theoretical and practical experience of design principles and patterns)
- ExperienceUnderstanding with Agile methodologies
- Solid knowledge with Visual Studio programming environments and Azure DevOps
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong communication with both technical and business teams.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to take on personal responsibility.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Critical reasoning and decision-making skills.
Why work for Euromonitor?
We act with integrity
We are curious about the world
We are stronger together
We seek to empower
We find strength in diversity
International: not only do we have a very multinational workforce in each office but we are all dealing with our 16 offices worldwide on a daily basis. With 16 offices globally there are regular opportunities for international transfer.
Hardworking but sociable: our staff know how to work hard but also how to enjoy themselves! We pride ourselves on creating an appropriate work-life balance, with flexible hours and regular socialising including frequent after work meet ups, summer and Christmas parties and a whole range of sports and other groups to be involved with.
Committed to making a difference: We think that people are looking for something worthwhile in a company beyond the workplace. Our extensive Corporate Social Responsibility Programme gives each member of staff two volunteering days a year in addition to holidays. It sees us reaching out into the local community with our mentoring, group volunteering, and fundraising initiatives as well as supporting international charities through our website sales, matching staff sponsorship fundraising, and carbon offsetting all our flights, amongst many other activities.
Excellent benefits: we offer highly competitive salaries, healthcare insurance, food vouchers, saving fund, plus generous holiday allowances and in many offices a Core Hours policy allowing flexible start and finish times to each day.
Opportunities to grow: we offer extensive training and development opportunities at all levels. The vast majority of our managers and directors have been promoted from within and many have moved across departments as well as upwards. We pride ourselves on identifying and rewarding talent.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Euromonitor International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.