Our mission at Fidel API is to unlock the full potential of payment cards. We offer a suite of financial infrastructure APIs that enable developers to build programmable experiences connected to purchases made in real-time using a card. Our tools are transforming how merchants and users interact by powering real-time, event-driven engagements, best-in-class loyalty and rewards programs and revolutionizing processes from reimbursements to expense management.
Our APIs are used by start-ups through global enterprises including Google, British Airways, TopCashback, Perkbox, Royal Bank of Canada, and Blackhawk Networks, and are supported by the world’s largest card networks, including Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Launched in 2018, Fidel is headquartered in London, with offices in Lisbon, New York, and remote employees globally. Fidel is backed by investors including Nyca Partners, QED Investors, Citi Ventures, RBC Capital and Commerce Ventures.
We’re in an incredibly exciting period of growth as we continue to scale internationally and are looking for an experienced Back-end Engineer who wants to be part of this journey.
What you’ll do…
- Design and build the core of the Fidel API.
- Design reliable, fault-tolerant micro-service architectures largely written in Node JS.
- Design and build integrations with third parties to add new value-added services.
- Automate safely deploying software, utilizing CI and unit/integration testing.
- Know how to prevent breaking changes, discovering solutions that are backward compatible.
- Maintain and nurture a cohesive architecture on a rapidly expanding startup.
- Guide and manage our engineering partnerships with our clients, facilitating collaboration and integration strategies.
- Share and spread your expertise through contributions to our blog and speaking at conferences.
- Contribute and help guide the open-source community behind Fidel.
We want you if…
- Node.js – 4+ years experience. The Fidel API is written in Node.js.
- Product – As an early-stage company, we’re most interested in engineering leaders who understand how to craft raw software projects into compelling user-facing products.
- Entrepreneurial – Comfortable in a dynamic startup environment where change is constant and you will be largely self-guided.
- Leadership – You have worked on and helped lead a large project to success and understand the day-to-day intricacies of working in an agile collaboration environment.
- Cloud knowledge – You have worked in multiple cloud environments and understand the problems developers face when working on cloud infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Communication – Clear, enthusiastic and communicator. Able to lead and inspire teams and our customers.
- Remote minded – Experience working and communicating with a remote team in an effective asynchronous way.
Lisbon or Remote.
At Fidel API, we live by our values and what we stand for, and that feeds into every decision we make. Fidel comes from the Latin word ‘Fidelis’ which means reliability, trust, truth and dependability. We honor those values — and our commitment to them — by naming ourselves after the ancient root word itself.
Across our company, we speak 27 languages and represent 25+ different nationalities. It’s our diversity of background, thinking, talents and skills that allows us to build truly global products for the developers who are driving payments innovation forward.
We’re committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working – opportunity to work from home when you need to
- Health Insurance
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status – simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about us and what life is like at Fidel, visit our blog or follow us on Twitter(@fidelhq) or Instagram(@fidelhq).
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!