At Hoodie Analytics, data is the core of our business, we are the leader in Cannabis Product Assortment & Pricing Intelligence.
To achieve our goal we are leveraging the latest technologies available to build and deliver the best data available in the industry. We have already met our goal of having the largest database of cannabis activity, but it must also be the best in terms of quality and freshness.
Now we are launching a variety of responsive, interactive applications that allow our customers to use our data daily.
With Terabytes of data stacked, 20+ employees in the team, and very quick growth, the data is there and now we need someone to help us deliver it in amazon interfaces and applications. As a Front-End Engineer you will work on the following activities:
- Translate agile software development stories and design documents into quality software
- Implement front-end features and reusable components using React, Redux, JS, HTML5/CSS3 & Node
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development life cycle
- Work closely with team leads & UX designers to translate visual concepts into functional online and mobile experiences
- Develop and unit test across multiple browsers, platforms, etc.
- Deliver high-quality, scalable, and maintainable software
- Assisting in Quality Assurance process and customer issue resolution
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience developing, deploying, and supporting web applications, preferably subscription software products.
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies React, Redux, Material UI (a plus) .
- Experience integrating REST web services with UI (GraphQl a plus)
- Experience with Front-end code debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools
- Experience with agile/ scrum development methodologies
Nice to Haves
- Algolia/Elasticsearch & any relevant e-commerce search UI work
- Familiarity with CSS pre-compilers (SASS, CSS Modules)
- Experience with full life-cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- Experience with application scaffolding tools, automation & development tools, and dependency management (e.g. yarn, npm)
- Version control systems (Git / GitHub) experience
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment (Start-ups or small-med product teams)
What’s in it for you.
- Work with other high-caliber engineers
- Working on really hard, unsolved problems in Big Data and Machine Learning and using cutting edge technologies to do so.
- Flexible working hours – as long as high-quality work gets done
- Easy-going, infrequent office visits to downtown Chicago (Near the trains!) if you are in the area. Otherwise it’s purely remote.
- Guiding the direction and architecture from the product from an early stage
- Building the business as a partner, not an employee.
We start with people who are genuinely nice people to hang out with. Make sure they are super smart and motivated. Lastly, we have a no jerk policy…zero tolerance. No one likes working in a company with a difficult co-worker or boss.
When you focus on the right people, suddenly it’s possible to attack that big idea, crush extremely hard problems, and excite your customer base.
Our philosophy in a nutshell is “People, Product, Profit”. Great companies are created in that order. Check out www.hoodieanalytics.com and http://www.askhoodie.com