Hi! We’re Camptocamp, a Swiss service company founded in 2001 and one of Europe’s leading companies in the development and integration of Open Source software.
We have great expertise in the areas of Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) with Odoo, IT management systems and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Software Developer (m/f/d)
Geospatial Solutions is specialized in open source based GIS systems. We develop performant and robust systems for the management and efficient use of our customers’ spatial data.
The team is present in France, Switzerland and Germany and we are recruiting a software developer at our Munich office to meet our development, integration, support and training needs on our open-source geospatial software stack.
Your day as a software developer
- With your teammates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to open source software in the geospatial domain: QGIS, GeoMapFish and OpenLayers (see also https://github.com/camptocamp/).
- You participate in the design and development of QGIS plugins and in the QGIS core. The quality and maintainability of the code are at the heart of your concerns.
- You provide advice and technical expertise to our customers (programming and configuration).
- You provide support for QGIS.
- You implement WebGIS solutions.
- You will carry out an increasing part of our projects in Agile mode, synonymous with customer proximity. You will be part of a dynamic team of curious, competent and experienced professionals who will listen to you and support you.
Your essential skills to succeed in this role
- You have completed a university of applied sciences or university studies in Computer Science, Geoinformatics or Software Engineering.
- You have at least 2 years of successful experience in software development.
- You use continuous delivery tools (CICD).You are familiar with Agile development practices.
- You are fluent in German and English.
You have a good knowledge of the following:
backend programming languages: Python, C++
- You have experience with Git as a version control tool
- You have used the following frameworks or similar: Pyramid, AngularJS
- You wish to participate actively in open source communities
The icing on the cake !
If you are comfortable with these things, that’s a big plus :
- You have experience with DevOps with Cloud infrastructure and Docker/Kubernetes
- You have knowledge of PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- You are already involved in the open source community
- You are familiar with OGC standards
We offer you
Camptocamp is a great place to work. You will join a young, dynamic and fast-growing company. We offer you:
- A motivating, modern and constantly evolving work environment
- A culture of openness, which encourages individual initiative
- Close-knit, dynamic teams where the human factor plays a central role
- Innovative and formative projects
- Attractive working conditions
Start date: immediately or on a date to be agreed.
Location: Munich with possibility to work from home up to 50%.
Work rate: We are flexible and you can choose between 80% and 100%.