We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer for the Enterprise Data Organization to build and manage data pipeline (Data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for Azure cloud-based data platform and Customer Data Platform (CDP). The candidate will require to possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills.
- Design, develop and maintain reliable automated data solutions based on the identification, collection, and evaluation of business requirements. Including but not limited to data models, database objects, stored procedures, and views.
Implement and configure CDP components, including data ingestion, data integration, data transformation, and data activation.
- Developing new and enhancing existing data processing (Data Ingest, Data Transformation, Data Store, Data Management, Data Quality) components
- Optimize performance of CDP solution to meet SLAs
- Stay abreast with CDP trends and recommend enhancements or new features to improve the platform
- Support and troubleshoot the data environment (including periodically on call)
- Document technical artifacts for developed solutions
- Good interpersonal skills; comfort and competence in dealing with different teams within the organization. Requires an ability to interface with multiple constituent groups and build sustainable relationships.
- Versatile, creative temperament, ability to think out-of-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions. Ability to master new skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving involving collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Familiar with Agile practices and methodologies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 4-Year degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science or related field, or equivalent work
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a Data Engineering role
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES
- Advanced SQL queries, scripts, stored procedures, materialized views, and views.
- 3-4 years of experience in Customer Data Platform (mParticle preferred) processes such as designing, implementing, and maintaining
- Focus on ELT to load data into the database and perform transformations in the database.
- Ability to use analytical SQL functions.
- Snowflake experience is a plus
- Cloud Data Warehouse solutions experience (Snowflake, Azure DW, or Redshift); data modeling, analysis, programming
- Experience with DevOps models utilizing a CI/CD tool
- Work in a hands-on Cloud environment in Azure Cloud Platform (ADLS, Blob)
- Talend, Apache Airflow, Azure Data Factory, and BI tools like Tableau are preferred.
- Analyze data models.
- Advanced SQL queries, scripts, stored procedures, materialized views, and views