We are landing projects at a speedy pace and are looking for a Full Stack Developer II to champion new projects with the mindset that every challenge showcases an area of growth. We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work as much as their team members do and are looking to showcase their skills in Typescript, React, React Native, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, PostgreSQL in a unique and exciting way!
Our amazing Developers work with our designers to make the client’s dream a reality. They collaborate, innovate, and follow industry best practices to launch the code that forms the heart and brain of each new project.
Important facts about this role:
- Role is located in Calgary, AB with Hybrid option available.
- Expected Start Date: October 15, 2021 or when successful candidate is found.
What your day to day mainly consists of:
- Applying technical knowledge to app development.
- Taking design concepts from dream phase to reality.
- Collaborate to plan and design custom software for our internal products and client specific projects.
- Design solutions to projects based on business requirements and specifications.
- Develop technical roadmaps for future application development projects.
- Design and implement proof of concept applications as part of the research phase of the project.
- Provide direction to the development team for complex or difficult programming tasks.
- Train, coach, and mentor other developers to grow expertise within the company.
- Utilize best practices to continually improve software solutions.
- Research and recommend new tools and technologies.
- Maintain technical documentation to educate developers on software architecture.
- Review and refactor code to optimize performance and maintability.
- Other duties as assigned.
The profile of who we are seeking:
- Enjoys working in an intimate team setting and has a “all-for-one, one-for-all” mentality.
- Natural level of personal investment in the quality of work they do and works to match the work of the team.
- Solid understanding and experience with System Design.
- Very comfortable in building web applications with React.
- Comfortable using React Native to build iOS and Android applications to it’s entirety.
- Solid understanding of ES6+ features.
- Extremely comfortable working with Node.js.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases.
- Comfortable with building and working with REST APIs.
- Assist the team in production and automation.
- Improving deployment, efficiency, reliability, security and scalability of these services.
- Creating and updating Knowledge Base (KB) content.
- Deploying, monitoring and maintaining internal and external products.
- Extra bonus points for first-hand experience with Scrum, Kubernetes and Docker.
In addition to your resume, please provide any additional resources (past website apps, software development) that showcases your amazing work!
Here at Launchcode, we focus on working hard, playing hard and making hard work fun! As a values-driven organization, every member of our collaborative and passionate team puts their heart and soul into the custom work we do. We are a competitive and compassionate bunch who motivate each other to continuously grow and innovate when taking on new challenges. We’re a leading custom software provider who is growing year after year, with a 16 year history of creating amazing custom work and the drive to constantly expand our portfolio. Check out our Dribbble page (launchcode) to experience some of our amazing past work.
With our head office located in Calgary, AB and our products spanning across the United Kingdom, Australia and to the United States… We intend on taking over the world one custom piece of software at a time and do not plan on slowing down! A private squash court and gym, along with our fancy shmancy workshop with all the cool tech is just the start of how awesome we are. We operate with our clients and our team like they are family and that’s why we are so excited to have you here as we are looking to bring a new member in!
Launchcode is a proud and affirmative equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender identity, age, martial status, disability or any other legally protected status. Launchcode makes hiring decisions based on solely on qualifications, merit and the current business needs. We encourage everyone to apply.
We thank you for finding our posting and sending in your application. We can’t wait to receive it!