Senior Software Engineer, Data Pipeline
We are a New York City-based division of Oracle with a mission to help the world’s top publishers and marketers make smarter advertising decisions through measurement. We help clients measure consumer attention, fight fraudulent internet traffic, and improve their websites, all while promoting privacy-friendly models of advertising. Our analytics software is used by CNN, Condé Nast, Kellogg’s, Procter and Gamble, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
As a senior software engineer on the data pipeline team, you would build and improve systems that ingest, analyze, and aggregate billions of measurement events per day, turning them into actionable insights for our clients. You would work with cutting edge data processing technologies, including AWS, Spark, Kafka, and Python, and you would build systems with a strong focus on horizontal scalability, fault tolerance, and extensibility. You would join a small, supportive team with a high degree of ownership and autonomy over their work. This is a great opportunity to grow professionally as you encounter and solve distributed systems challenges.
- 6+ years of engineering and management experience
- A track record of owning large engineering projects from conception to delivery
- Fluency in Python (preferred)
- Experience with AWS, Linux, and cloud application architecture
- Experience with any of: databases (Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, etc.), message brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.), compute frameworks (Spark, MapReduce, etc.), web frameworks, and orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.)