At Modernizing Medicine, we look for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- South Florida Business Journal, Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America – 2015 – 2019
- Marketing Campaign of the Year for Telehealth – Business Intelligence Group’s Public Relations & Marketing Excellence Award 2020
- Best Use of Technology in Customer Service (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards® – 2019
- Customer Service Department of the Year (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards – 2018
Modernizing Medicine is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
ModMed is hiring a Sr. Software Developer in our Corporate IT team. You will research, recommend, automate, deploy, manage, and retire processes, tools, systems and infrastructure; this will ultimately improve the performance, scalability, security and compliance of multiple internal IT systems, taking us to the next level of our IT journey. The ideal candidate will be a current software developer with a deep background in IT Operations.
- Automates manual tasks using advanced knowledge of Linux, networking, identity systems and programming
- Manages servers, networking equipment, cloud environments, and a wide range of other IT systems as they relate to the above
- Keeps knowledge of these systems current, and pushes out new features as they become available
- Keeps these systems secure and compliant with all applicable regulations such as HIPAA and PCI
- Participates in the on-call rotation; works long/late hours and weekends occasionally
- Trains IT support staff as applicable
- Can be 100% remote; we prefer a hybrid schedule: 2 days remote, 3 days onsite
Skills & Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Identity systems: Kerberos, LDAP, AD, Okta, SAML, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of the IT Operations/IT Systems Administration world including Linux and Windows, networking, scripting, information security, on-premise and cloud environments, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of middleware and related IT systems glue. We prefer strong experience connecting HRIS systems (ADP, Workday, etc) to Identity Directories (LDAP, Okta, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of APIs
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD workflows
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Must have conceptualization skills and be able to easily engage in abstract thinking and logical reasoning
- Proven experience identifying, analyzing and resolving system problems
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to stay calmed under (system) fire
- Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization and communication skills.
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!