ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Northlake Financial team is growing! If you are interested in a career working with a dynamic, progressive company, we’re ready to offer you opportunities and growth potential. With Strong, People Oriented customer service, creative individual empowerment, innovation and teamwork as the fabric of our culture, we encourage personal growth and are committed to your success.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Northlake understands the needs of their employees. While working for us you will experience a work atmosphere like no other. Our employees flourish in an exciting and engaging environment.
Northlake is looking to hire a leader who leads with empathy, thinks like an owner of the company and will work hard to get the job done. The Team Lead for the Software Engineering department will have the freedom to build a team, design and execute a plan for success. This position is fully remote, and the ideal candidate must work within company policy but can think outside the box when needed, target focused with an extremely high level of integrity.
Be the technical lead and designer of Northlake lending platform, working through ambiguity, concept validation and implementation of a best-in-class solution in the finance domain.
Build a team of software engineers, and cultivate innovation and growth by driving cross collaboration and executing of projects.
- End to end ownership of the development process; from working with business requirements to implementing and supporting in production.
- Work with the root-cause mindset and build solutions for them.
- Be a player/coach of our high-performance team to ensure code quality, commitment to craft and operational excellence.
- Strive for continuous improvement and test and evaluate new programs.
- Communicate with business users on understanding the business needs and provide solutions/support.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving production development issues.
In 30 days, you will have developed a basic understanding of the platform tech stack, infrastructure and our business. You will have decision-making and contribution to hiring your team of software engineers. You will have contributed to small features in the codebases and worked closely with the team to get up to speed with team processes. We will focus on making sure you have all the tools to succeed.
In 60 days, you will have a good grasp of different parts of the platform, and business areas and be able to propose changes to improve it. You will work with your team to come up with designs, and start developing.
In 90 days, you will know the platform in detail and are comfortable tackling large business features and delivering them in a timely manner. You would have worked closely with managers and products and have a deep understanding of the roadmap and will begin the design and development of large end-to-end solutions.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields (Mandatory)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of hands-on expertise in Java (Mandatory Skill).
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle database. (Mandatory Skill).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Oracle PL/SQL in creating views, functions, stored procedures, and write complex SQL queries. (Mandatory Skill and must be ready to work on backend along with other technologies).
- Experience with front end technology, such as Angular, Node JS, Vue JS, Java Script.
- Experience with web-services/API.
- 3+ years of experience with Unix or Linux (Mandatory Skill).
- Experience with Maven and SVN/Git. (Mandatory Skill).
- Experience working with any cloud vendors like GCP, amazon or Azure
- 3+ years of experience with at least two of the following technologies: (Mandatory Skill).
- JDBC, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, JSON/XML, Servlet, JSP/JSF.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to handle periodic on-call support duties.
- Ability to conduct technical deep dives into the code, deployments, and architecture, and work closely with product owners.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data.
WHAT WE OFFER
Flexible Work Hours