The Software Development Engineer will be a member of a project team responsible for delivering solutions to telecommunications service providers. The Software Development Engineer must be able to take ownership of specific development tasks, and take them to completion.
Under the direction of a Lead Development Engineer, the Software Development Engineer’s tasks will include the following:
- Writing code for the customer solutions
- Creating and reviewing test plans
- Perform testing of modules and systems.
- Integration and delivery of customer solutions on a customer site
- Communicating with the customer and addressing customer issues
- Coordinating with the Lead Development Engineer and Program Manager regarding task status and any project-related issue.
- Develop and integrate systems/solutions.
- Develop testing documentation and execute tests during implementation of solution.
- Perform system integration testing on client sites
- Is proactive in a development team, contributes significantly to the success of the team and able to gain the co-operation of others.
- Demonstrates an organized, systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to coding, testing and defect fixing.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills for effective dialogue with the customer project team and the internal Openet project team
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and a minimum 2-4 years industry work experience
- Excellent development and analytical skills
- Proficient in Java 8, and Spring Framework
- Software development experience with real time multithreaded systems with stringent SLAs is mandatory
- Work experience with Tcl/tk scripting, Unix/Linux Shell scripting, C/C++
- Work experience with Open Source technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes, Maven, Junit, Sonarqube, Serenity, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Work experience in development methodologies such as Agile, Kanban, DevOps and Microservices
- Track record of code delivery and testing for business support system solutions
- Broad understanding of telecommunications industry
- Demonstrable analysis abilities
- Knowledge of automated test tools
Successful candidate will be provided training for 2-3 month duration and must be able to temporarily live outside of Canada for the training period. Openet will cover travel and living expenses for training. Ongoing travel, typically within Canada, required for this job around 10% of the time.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Customer focus
- Solutions driven
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional, positive attitude