At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We seek an engineer who is passionate about development automation to join our team! You will work on technologies that enable the Cloudmark Security Platform, and your contribution will improve its protection for customers in email and mobile network environments around the world. This role will work in close collaboration with test engineers and developers to enable the efficient delivery of software from development to test and ultimately to our customers.
In this role, you will develop and maintain test environments and test frameworks that enable bugs to be found and fixed.
This role is on-site in our San Francisco, SoMa district, office ideally situated for Muni Metro and Caltrain. We provide in-office bicycle parking.
Maintain and develop python-based test frameworks
Maintain and develop software build scripts and pipelines
Advocate for, and enable the use of, automation tools throughout our engineering organization
Collaborate with developers, test engineers, product managers, operations engineers, and customer support to deliver software to our customers.
Learn how Proofpoint’s technology works, and evolve your skills with it.
What you bring to the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work with a minimum of supervision while collaborating with colleagues in multiple departments and time zones.
- Strong scripting / automation skills (Python, bash)
- Experience with Jenkins or other Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools
- Familiarity with VMWare ESXi and Docker, and the experience to know when to choose one over the other
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services / AWS.
- Solid Linux admin skills
- A conceptual grasp of application-level Internet protocols, and how to use Linux network traffic analysis tools (netstat, tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience, and 4+ years of professional experience as a software test engineer, system programmer, software developer, system administrator, developer support engineer, or sales engineer, working in a Linux environment.
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.