At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work out of our Toronto office. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a cloud-based solution that featuring distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. This service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.The main role will be to lead the design and implement features in our core services. The candidate must be self-motivated, creative, capable of adapting quickly, and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.You will be a key player in a small team, designing and owning key pieces of the core product, solving complex issues, and implementing business requirements in distributed environment.
- Work with product owner, define and refine the requirements of features and issues
- Work with scrum master, technical leaders, and manager to ensure design meets product requirements, and resolving technical constraints while ensuring timely delivery of product efforts
- Practice Agile/Scrum process by participating daily scrum, retrospective, planning, and demo
- Producing innovative and effective design solutions that perform and scale
- Continuously seeking to improve product and development processes
- Providing technical expertise to support/sustaining teams to resolve critical production issues
- Ensure high quality of code by practicing continuous integration with unit test, source control, and integrate build process
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience delivering industrial-strength, commercial software with demonstrated technical expertise in a OO language (C#/C++/Java)
- Demonstrate outstanding design with best practices in distributed systems
- Strong concurrent programming with threads, high-availability, web services, and complex data architectures
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex issues and find an effective solution.
- Experience with integrated software engineering processes (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous build, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate technical solution and design well to different stakeholders
- Must be a team player and be able to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Nice to Haves
- Experience with development using Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and EWS
- Experience with development using Microsoft Enterprise System such as Active Directory, Exchange Server, Windows Management System, PowerShell, and etc
- Familiar with Microsoft Cloud Solution such as Azure, O365, Remote Powershell, and Active Directory Graph API
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.