Announcing a new position at Rodinia Generation for an Integration developer to come work with us in our patent-pending micro-factory. In this role, you get the opportunity to be responsible for the development of integrations both between our in-house state of the art machinery and Rodinia’s operations platform to external systems, programs and applications as the company evolves.
We are an awarded, innovative, and fully funded fashion tech start-up founded in 2018.
Since November 2021 we have partnered with an international market-leader on accelerating the development of the world’s first system for local, automated, and just-in-time clothing production. We call that system a Micro-factory and thought it is roughly the size of a shipping container we managed to fit one into our offices in Nordvest, Copenhagen.
In-house we are building the operations software platform that automate and enable our micro-factory to produce clothes ultra-fast and with a minimal environmental footprint.
In daily operations we interact with our pilot customers: fashion brands and designers who want sustainable, on-demand production of clothes.
Our micro-factory consists of state-of-the-art digital hardware such as an industrial ink-jet textile printer, IoT devices, digital cutting machine and robotics.
The current fashion industry is outdated: still using equipment invented before the internet with devastating consequences for people & planet: 30% of all clothes produced each year is overproduction. ~8% of global CO2 emissions. Our goal at Rodinia Generation is to change the way we make clothes.
Working at Rodinia
Our patent-pending micro-factory is located inside our office space, and we run a very tight loop between idea and execution.
Work is very pragmatic here. You will need to be hands-on.
You will work closely with an in-house dedicated software team incl. data scientists, back-end, front-end and architect, led by our Head of Software & Development.
You will be working with the rest of the Rodinia-team too: fashion design, operation and automation to ensure functionality that is aligned with the needs of daily operations with pilot customers (who are fashion brands and designers).
- Develop the integrations between existing software installed on our digital equipment at our micro-factory, such as a digital printer, IoT devices (and robotics as the system evolves) and Rodinia’s operations platform.
- This role requires a mix of strategic engineering and design, along with hands-on technical work and problem-solving skills. Passion for quality and automation, an ability to understand complex systems and a desire for continual improvement and innovation.
- Requires an understanding of various server/system architectures, operating systems, system patching, system configuration, auditing, and automation.
- In this role you will actively integrate applications and platforms– most of them belonging to our partner, to support Rodinia’s business needs.
- It will be a plus, but not a requirement, if you are a software developer in one or more modern languages that helps with application development and integration (on-prem and cloud).
- Min. 2 years of practical experience with integrations between software platforms, programs, and applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any other science/engineering related field
- You are born with a strong problem-solving and creative mindset
Do you want to work with dedicated people for a goal that matters? Then send us:
- Short motivation letter explaining why you want to join our adventure
- Proof of competence (degree/certifications/experience/projects)