Senior Full Stack Developer
About you? You see the web as a powerful communication and visualization tool. You have developed in the webspace but are looking to really hone your craft and work in web applications that leverage 2D, 3D, and 4D visualization. You are well versed in current web technologies and have a good appreciation for design and aesthetics. You want to learn by doing and you live for steep learning curves.
This position is based with our Calgary Team with the potential to work remotely +/- 2 hours of Calgary, Alberta. You will be joining a highly-skilled, highly productive team of scientists and developers; many of us are both. We are friendly and intelligent, and we are looking forward to working with you. Many of us come from higher education, and we value open collaboration. Our developers support open-source software, and we support and contribute to many projects. Experience with frontend web development and visual design tools will be necessary for you to be successful in this role, and ideally, you are already an expert.
Seequent is part of an international family. This is a diverse, multi-disciplinary team, and you may have future opportunities to work with colleagues at our international offices.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform code reviews, testing, problem-solving, and retrospecting to continually improve our effectiveness
- Build general, tested code, and refactor as you go. You can plan quickly and test quickly – you know the plan will change
- Own the components that you are building from initial design and architecture all the way to the end where it will be put into
- production adding value to our customers
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- A university degree or diploma in either Computer Science or Software Engineering discipline (equivalent work experience may be considered a substitution)
- Strong demonstrated web development experience working in a Frontend, Backend, or Full Stack role
Nice to have:
- Exposure to Python, RESTful API design, Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes is considered an asset
- Exposure to 2D/3D Graphics or Visualization (e.g., WebGL, three.js, D3) is considered an asset
- Experience interacting with a multidisciplinary team is considered an asset
Why you will enjoy working with us…
- Registered Retirement Saving Plan / Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with the option to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate
- Educational Assistance and Professional Membership reimbursement
- Leverage our training and development to advance your skills and progress your career
- Health benefits package, generous vacation and regular yoga classes and Wellness Webinars to support employee wellbeing
- We offer flexible work hours
- There are plenty of opportunities to build social connections with a diverse range of individuals, including our annual Hack Yeah! innovation event
- We offer our employees a Global Employee Referral Program, providing a personal bonus, as well as Seequent donating to an environmental tree-planting organization
- This role is fully remote, with the flexibility to work from the office if preferred.