Location: Calgary, AB
FLYHT is looking for a passionate and experienced Java developer to join the Enterprise Software team in building scalable, robust and highly responsive web applications. You will get the opportunity to work on solving challenging problems in the aerospace industry and work on analytics and presentation of real-time data from aircrafts. If you have a passion for building high performance and scalable solutions using industry best practices, latest and greatest technologies, frameworks and design patterns, this may be the opportunity for you!
Fostering a community-driven work environment with the opportunity to contribute directly to the success and achievement of the company’s goals and objectives, FLYHT provides an opportunity to deliver cutting-edge products for the global aviation industry.
· Employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration using Jenkins to improve overall execution speed and product quality
· Function as in-house consultant/expert for resolution of complex technical issues. Research emerging trends/best practices and determine implications of proposed solutions on meeting business goals
· Be a technology advocate and share expertise with other team members
· Think through challenging and interesting problems and solve them with the team.
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders (e.g. Product Owner, Product and Accounts Management)
· Perform code reviews, unit testing, and system testing as needed for other developers’ efforts
· Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent
· Must have more than 5 years of full stack development
· Java (minimum 4 years)
· Expertise in Agile development process
· Previous experience in responsive web design
· Hands on experience with JPA providers like EclipseLink or Hibernate
· Experience with writing complex SQL queries
· Good understanding of network protocol such as WebSocket, HTTP and HTTPS
· Good understanding of SOA and microservice architecture
· Hands on experience with frontend/backend design patterns like MVC, MVVM
· Good understanding of multithreading concepts
· RDBMS (minimum 4 years)
· Dependency injection framework like Jersey or Spring (minimum 4 years)
· Comfortable using Linux environment
FLYHT’s mission is to improve aviation safety, efficiency and profitability (located in Calgary, Canada; publicly traded as: FLY:TSX.V; FLYLF:OTCQX). Airlines, leasing companies, fractional owners and original equipment manufacturers have installed the Automated Flight Information Reporting System (AFIRSTM) on their aircraft to capture, process and stream aircraft data with real-time alerts. AFIRS sends this information through satellite networks to the UpTimeTM cloud-based data center, which provides aircraft operators with direct insight into the operational status and health of their aircraft and enables them to take corrective action to maintain the highest standard of operational control.
FLYHT offers comprehensive benefits and a 9/80 work week which provides flexibility with every other Friday off.
All resumes will be retained for the duration of the recruit only; all resumes will be destroyed immediately following candidate selection. Personal information is reviewed by senior managers only, kept in strict confidence and used only for the purposes of scheduling interviews. By forwarding your resume and/or application for the position, you signify your understanding and acceptance of these terms.