Seequent is a world leader in the development of geoscience software. We believe a better understanding of the Earth leads to a better world for all. Our employees work across 6 continents, in 12 locations, spanning the environmental, mining, civil engineering, and energy industries.
Our solutions enable customers to connect and communicate data, so they can make better decisions for people and the planet. Our diverse teams include geo-professionals, software engineers, salespeople, and marketing specialists. Our people help customers solve the complex problems of today — and work towards the bigger solutions of tomorrow.
Sound like you?
To support the rapid growth of our business, we are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Developer. This is a Payroll Employee – Permanent role in our Canada – Calgary – 6th Ave SW (Geoslope) office.
About you? You see PCs as powerful communication and visualization tools. You have developed 2D and 3D graphical UIs and/or scientific or mathematical models, but you are looking to really hone your craft to work with a team on applications that leverage 2D, 3D, and 4D analysis and visualization. You are well versed in modern C++. You want to learn by doing, and you live for steep learning curves.
As a senior software developer you will be joining a highly-skilled, highly-productive team of scientists, developers, and engineers; many of us are all three. We are friendly and intelligent, and we are looking forward to working with you. Many of us come from higher education, and we value open collaboration. Although you will be based in Calgary, you will be working with colleagues around the world.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to technical designs and decisions.
- Develop and maintain software for a variety of projects in a timely manner, applying commercial computer programming skills.
- Contribute as a member of a multi-disciplinary self-organizing Scrum team, including helping estimate work, performing code reviews, testing, problem-solving, and retrospecting to continually improve our effectiveness.
- See the bigger picture, where the company and product are headed, and you help set those priorities and directions.
- Lead and mentor other developers and are respected for your technical skills and your leadership skills. You are successful when your team is successful.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, and/or compelling and extensive equivalent experience in real-world applications.
- Minimum 5 years developing commercial Windows desktop software using C++.
- Experience interacting with a multidisciplinary team.
- Confident oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and build sustainable working relationships.
- Team-oriented attitude and good conflict-management skills.
- Ability to manage your own workload effectively and to work efficiently alongside team members.
- Balanced and informed approach to problem-solving.
- Tenacity, persistence, and focus with the ability to prioritize between multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a quickly growing, fast-paced, and constantly changing environment.
Inclusion + Diversity
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience.
If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Please provide details in your cover letter of any accommodations needed.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today with a covering letter and CV.