SkyBox Labs is looking for an Engineering Manager (Technical Director) to join our Halo Infinite team! In this role, you will work in a leadership capacity alongside our talented engineering and production team to achieve our goal of delivering amazing Halo experiences.
Using your strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills, you will interact with and manage various key stakeholder groups and participate in high level technical planning. You will also manage a high-performing team of engineers through performance reviews, ongoing mentorship and continuous feedback.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and results-driven leader with a background and interest in developing industry-leading AAA games. Come make your mark and help us expand the world of Halo!
- Oversee internal and external technical projects and dependencies for Halo Infinite : ensure contingency plans are in place, recommend solutions, validate plans and timelines, and understand the overall impact on stakeholders
- Take ownership of various sub-teams of Halo Infinite’s engineering team and support them to deliver on key milestones
- Interact with and manage various key internal and external stakeholder groups, using expert communication skills to foster strong and collaborative relationships
- Participate in high level planning with project managers and technical directors, while contributing regular updates on engineering efforts of key sub-teams
- Provide career management to your team through annual performance reviews, ongoing mentorship and feedback, and regular 1-on-1s
- Support the team directly by providing hands-on coding solutions to help solve complex problems or blockers when needed
- Be an active participant and driver of SkyBox culture of learning, development, and collaboration
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience in the games industry
- At least 2 years’ experience in a leadership role driving technical road maps and managing high performing engineering teams
- Experience shipping multiple game titles on PC and/or console
- Extensive experience programming in C++
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience providing career management to software engineers, with strong leadership skills and a desire to teach and mentor others
- Driven and self-motivated to produce results and lead technical initiatives
- Familiarity leading a team in the early stages of a growing project
Please note, the successful incumbent must eventually be living in Vancouver to respect the return-to-work plan for the studio in 2022.