We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer for the Product Experience and Music Experience teams at Soundtrack. The Product Experience team is responsible for our user facing touch points – mobile, desktop, and web apps. The Music Experience team is a new vertical team at Soundtrack responsible for our music features, like home, search, user created playlists and schedules, from UX/UI to databases and machine learning. As an engineer in either team you’ll be working on a wide range of user-centric projects together with other engineers, product owners, UI/UX designers, researchers, music experts and analysts.
Your primary focus will be to work on new features and continuous improvements for our apps built on React/React Native (written in TypeScript). Our feature page describes some of the functionality that you will continue to evolve in an iterative fashion based on data, A/B testing and qualitative user feedback.
- Building and releasing well-designed features together with UI/UX designers, researchers and analysts
- Improving existing features and code, refactoring and iterating on solutions
- Developing and maintaining consistent and reusable UI components/libraries used by multiple teams
- Helping the team grow as a whole by sharing knowledge and lifting each other up
We’re always looking to work with people who are friendly, professional, humble, open, and with a passion for details. You are probably not a stranger to describing yourself as:
- Self-sustaining – you can work independently, taking initiatives and planning your own time
- Curious – you enjoy learning new things to grow both professionally as well as on a personal level
- A good communicator – you enjoy discussing different solutions and strategies for technical challenges
- Agile – you feel comfortable in a dynamic environment where focus lies in what’s important here and now, with the ability to realize when it’s time to change the game plan and when to stick to it
- Well-versed in building robust and maintainable mobile/web apps
- Worked with a JS framework such as React, React Native, Angular or Vue.js
- Experienced with Git or another distributed source management system
Meriting experience (not required)
- General interest in music and/or music technology
- iOS, Android, Mac, and/or Windows app development
- Modern web development
- GraphQL APIs and libraries (we use Apollo)
- Automated testing (especially front-end)
- Basic knowledge of functional programming
- Front-end development/build pipelines using Webpack/Rollup or similar
- Backend development (our backend is primarily built in Go, Scala and python)
- Container based deployments using Docker/Kubernetes
Soundtrack Your Brand is a B2B scale-up company providing music streaming services to more than 50,000 businesses in over 70 countries, from the café round the corner to bigger brands like McDonald’s, Toni & Guy and TAG Heuer.
The company consists of 80+ talented, motivated and humble employees. We believe in product-led growth, where the product is the primary driver of customer acquisition, conversion and expansion. Our headquarters are located in central Stockholm (Odenplan).
- Work from anywhere, with no mandatory office hours, and a one-off setup bonus
- Advantageous pension plan, more than double the Swedish national average
- Generous yearly budget for health, wellness and personal development
- Computer and mobile phone with included cellular subscription
- Regular social activities such as team events, afterworks and off-sites
- Daily breakfast served at the office