Sparkinity is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that we are creating the future of retail — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Sparkinity , we’re using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite local shop in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with high street and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Sparkinity is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About the role
At Sparkinity we see your role as the brains that takes big ideas and converts them into the tools and systems our customers use every day.
Our engineering team owns the code that makes our marketplace intuitive and beautiful. We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices — we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. This role will give you the opportunity to provide thought leadership and directly feed into shaping a cutting edge, innovate and exciting product that will disrupt the retail sector. You will be a great fit for the company if you seek an entrepreneurial, innovative, and dynamic environment where you canmake a difference and where your ideas will be valued from day one.
What you will do
1. Deliver core customer-facing features of our website
2. Work closely with the product team to create a delightful user experience
3. Work closely with the other engineers to design APIs
4. Share ownership of our product and our customer’s happiness
5. Write unit and integration tests for everything
1. A passion for programming and solving problems with code.
2. A familiarity with OOP languages such as Java, React or C#.
3. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
4. A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems.
Sparkinity’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our employees by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. You will have the flexibility to choose how you work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
About the Founders
Sparkinity was founded in 2018 by a team who led product, design and engineering at UBS, Google and Zaha hadid Architects. They are backed by world-class VCs who have invested in Airbnb, Slack, Square, Trouva (acquired by Made.com), Starling, and Deliveroo to name a few.