You will be a senior member of the IT team who is able to understand the use of the technology, the best practices surrounding its use and how to apply it within the particular project or team. You will be a part of prototyping or may even lead some of the prototyping / proof-of-concept activities. You will guide and mentor other members of the team in their adoption of the particular technology. All this happens within the framework and process created by the architecture team, and the architecture team has the ultimate approval authority on the adoption of a particular technology. You will have the responsibility for the low-level design based on the high-level framework provided by the team’s architect. You will also participate in the design and development activities. Because of the leadership roles, you are expected to take on complex design, development and troubleshooting tasks. You will lead by example by producing high quality implementation that sets the standards for how the technology is used within the team. You will also collaborates with other leaders within the organization to establish cross-team standards, liaising with the architect and other senior members of other application development teams. You will also participate in researching new technologies within the organization. Assist with other project or departmental activities as needed.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or scientific discipline.
- 10+ years IT experience, with at least 8 years of software development experience, and with 2+ years in a Sr. Software Engineering role.
- 6+ years of programming experience in C# .NET.
- Past experience developing software as part of a team in a complex n-tier application environment comprising websites, web services, databases, SOA etc.
- Experience with Microservices architecture.
- Experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures, and working with SQL Server.
- Experience with Entity Framework, Web API and RESTful services.
- Experience working with SPA applications.
- Experience developing high quality software while adhering to unit and integration testing guidelines in an agile environment and CI/CD practices.
- Strong programming experience with Object-Oriented Design principles and design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and mentor other technical staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Must be able to pass a criminal, employment, credit, and MVR background check.