Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. Take a peek at our fair and personalised loans, our round-up app, and our free credit scoring dashboard.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #6 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work and #8 on WRK+ Best Places to Work 2021!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.
Keen to put your smart part to work? Applications are open to engineers based in Australia with the opportunity to work remotely from your home office.
About the job
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you’ll get to work on a variety of projects within our Wisr ecosystem, including migrating our bespoke internal systems from AngularJS to React while expanding our newly created Design System, of which you’ll be a key contributor.
Wisr is growing and there are both current systems to maintain, re-architect and expand (Including redesigning core parts of our main application), and new applications to be developed.
Some common activities in this role include:
– Coaching junior and mid level engineers
– Working alongside other senior and lead engineers
– Working closely with your team to deliver user stories, ensuring they are well understood beforehand
– Sitting down with users to understand how are they using the product your team is building
– Writing well organized, intention-revealing, clean code
– Developing software using a TDD approach
– Improving our CICD pipeline
– Participating in code reviews
– Attend the fortnightly frontend guild to keep all teams aligned across frontend matters
You are highly experienced in developing robust and fast React applications, putting great care into giving users the best experience possible. With a solid knowledge of RESTful APIs best practices, you are acquainted with all phases of the SDLC and have a passion for writing clean and maintainable code and testing it. You understand the value of automation and you’ll actively look to enrich our CICD pipeline to deliver high-quality work in a sustainable way.
While not required, if pursuing a full-stack role, we use .NET for all our backend development, and we are happy to train you.
Wisr is hosted on Azure, so experience with it will be beneficial.
Not sure if you tick all the boxes? Don’t rule yourself out just yet. If you’re interested, we would love to hear from you, so get in touch!
Our culture & perks
– Work from your home office, or your local beach – the opportunities are endless
– $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
– Generous paid parental leave
– Udemy pass to learn new skills (maybe this is the year you learn how to take up your pants instead of asking your parents)
– Share incentive programs
– Fortnightly Friday lunch club and endless snacks
– Casual dress code (Chucks encouraged!)
– Table tennis and regular tournaments
– Arcade machine & massage pod
– Regular social events and awesome team offsites
– It’s 5pm somewhere in the world, so finish off the day with a Wisr Beer!
You’ll be joining a high-performing team with a focus on psychological wellbeing and safety. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr – that’s where you’ll do your best work.
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities.
Bonus points for a kickass cover letter addressing the role and how you’ll make an impact here @ Wisr!