Accepted is a dynamic, modern, professional services company with remarkable culture and values. We are constantly trying to empower the culture of responsibility and freedom to everyone, by favoring autonomy and creating ownership. We give our people the freedom to “include themselves” to the job and we are forging a growth mindset. Peoples’ engagement is one of our most important goals. Thus recognizing the importance of our peoples’ career development, their growth mindset and continuous improvement, we are reinforcing their strengths by giving them the freedom to try something new and innovative within a safe and managed environment.
Are you in the job that feels right for you?
We desire a diversity of backgrounds and beliefs, which is also being reflected in our workforce. We are looking for world class software engineers, with strong foundations and continuous learning mentality, that want to join our team and our projects.
We are looking for talented, experienced software engineers who have the courage to work with challenges, deliver value and evolve with their team; believing that great ideas can come from everyone . With strong computer science foundations that can tackle with excellence tasks, projects and problems in complex business critical backend systems with sensitive user data and low latency. That can navigate, build and evolve a fabric of microservices, event driven systems with polyglot persistence and performance in mind.
What to expect:
- To work in an international service hub that offers a wide range of services throughout Europe. In the heart of Germany, our client combines expertise in the areas of finance, HR, supply chain, procurement, product safety and IT. They focus on digital and customer-focused solutions, to create services for the future.
- Maintain existing software platforms and develop new features on it
- Design, develop and deliver quality software systems
- Understand, analyze and break down business requirements
- Encourage and promote innovation, development best practices and solid lifecycle process
- Collaborate with the team on work definition, design decisions and estimation
- Learn and grow as a professional software engineer
- Work and collaborate with talented engineers and designers to build state-of-the-art applications, services and architectures
- Opportunities to be involved in different projects and stacks if interested
Who you are:
- Minimum 4 years professional experience using Java: Including knowledge of the most recent JAVA-APIs such as JDK of v16+
- Solid understanding of Spring/ Spring Boot 2.x
– Data-jpa (Hibernate)
– Web (REST/Security..)
– IoC (dependency injection etc. using annotations)
– Testing (end to end, spring boot tests)
– React (web) v16 (hooks)
– (nice to have) ant design components
- Experience using Docker / Containers
- Familiarity with Shell/Linux (bash, ftp, ssh, grep, ps)
- Fluent in Git
– GitLab (pipelines .gitlab-ci.yml) experience is good to have
– Peer code reviews
- Strong SQL knowledge
– MS SQL
– (nice to have) PL/SQL native sql procedures, triggers
- Misc and further nice to have
– Queue / RabbitMQ
– LDAP / Active Directory
-ELK Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana (over docker)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Engineering is mandatory
- Relevant Master’s Degree will be considered as a plus
- Solid communications skills & problem solving attitude is mandatory
- Adaptability in high demanding environments and team spirit
- Completed military service (male applicants)
- Fluency in English is a must
- Speaking German will be considered an asset
- Our first communication via phone call to get to know each other better
- Introductory video call with our HR team
- Coding assignment (up to 1 week)
- Technical Interview
- Time to offer
What to expect at the technical interview?
The interview has the format of a whiteboard interview, during which you will be able to talk about, present your expertise and exchange ideas around the technology stack requirements of the job vacancy, as well as more generic software engineering principles and best practices.
Where You’ll Be:
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within Athens in which we have a work location at Agia Paraskevi
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences
- A cool work environment that promotes work-life balance
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and incentives relevant to seniority
- Medical & Prescription | Dental | Life coverage
- Annual bonus up to 1.5 salary based on your performance appraisal
- Ticket Restaurants
- Domain Trainings and Certifications
- Constant coaching and a working culture which fosters continuous personal improvement
- Mentoring Sessions all over the year
- Career succession path relevant to performance appraisal
All applications will be treated as confidential.
Our vision is to provide a compelling work environment to work in, that promotes work-life balance, recognizing diversity and appreciating employees contribution, as well as respecting their individual values.Accepted is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, status as an individual with a disability.