Software Test Automation Engineer (Python / HIL)
at Ample, Inc.San Francisco
Are you ready to make a global impact? Ample, inc. is a cutting-edge electric vehicle battery swapping company at the forefront of sustainable transportation solutions. Our mission is to accelerate the global transition to clean and efficient mobility by revolutionizing the way EVs are powered. At Ample, we utilize advanced robotics to enable rapid and cost-effective modular battery swapping, making powering your electric car as convenient as a gas station visit. Our passionate team of technologists, designers, and environmental advocates is dedicated to addressing one of the most pressing challenges of our era. Join Ample and be part of our mission to make this accessible to billions of vehicles worldwide.
About the Role:
At Ample, you’ll be part of a forward-thinking team dedicated to making a meaningful impact on the world. Our commitment to sustainability and cutting-edge technology offers a unique opportunity to shape the future of transportation. We value diversity, innovation, and collaboration, and we provide a supportive work environment where your ideas can thrive.
As a Software Test Automation Engineer on the Ample team, you will build test automation infrastructure with hardware-in-the-loop spanning different use cases and setups. You’ll supervise all aspects of testing and ensure the quality of various components of our system.
What you’ll do:
- Work with developers to craft, develop, and identify requirements for test automation framework for testing with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL)
- Lead and maintain various test setups
- Build and maintain functional automated test suites
- Set up the infrastructure to run tests in CI/CD
- Guide software developers to build meaningful test cases
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical, ECE or related discipline
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in Linux and embedded systems
- Working understanding of Continuous Integration environments
- Experience with Github actions and Robot Framework
- Experience with Jenkins and continuous integration systems is a plus
- Experience with Docker and Portainer is a plus
- Proficiency in C and C++ is a plus
We are an equal opportunity and E-verified Employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status.