Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, including nearly all the members of the US International Math Olympiad team, through our online school, learning centers, textbooks, and online learning systems. Over the years, our international online community of advanced problem-solvers has grown to over 800,000 members. While our primary focus has been math for most of our history, we have started expanding into new subjects, such as language arts, science, and computer science.
As the number of users and classes on our websites has grown, so has the scope and complexity of our engineering efforts in order to build new and exciting tools for students, parents, instructors, and staff. We’re looking for an Engineering Operations Manager that will help us level up our engineering operational systems and processes, manage complex technical projects, and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the team.
This role might be a good fit for you if…
- You enjoy both bigger-picture strategy and hands-on coordination.
- You view processes, documentation, and meetings as a means to an end – not the end itself.
- You carefully optimize processes around the people involved and the end result.
- You constantly strive to reduce friction where you see it.
- You love jumping into something messy, figuring out what’s going on, and cleaning it up.
- Develop, maintain, document, and improve operational systems and processes, optimizing for efficiency and engineer productivity and experience
- Organize and manage various departmental and team rotations, such as tech support, on-call, or error logging
- Coordinate departmental onboarding and offboarding processes
- Organize and facilitate maintenance of Engineering backlogs and roadmaps
- Organize and maintain engineering documentation repositories or systems to ensure needed documentation is readily accessible
- Serve as the project manager for department projects and initiatives
- Provide logistical support for ongoing engineering department operations
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, and multitasking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills, to effectively collaborate with members of the engineering team
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to define situations, document data, and draw conclusions
Nice to Have:
- Experience working as a developer or software engineer in a similarly-sized organization
- Experience developing and optimizing operational systems for a fast-growing team
Background Check: Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Perks and Benefits: This is a hybrid full-time position based at our headquarters in San Diego, CA. Some benefits of the position include:
- Casual work environment
- Hybrid work week with a flexible schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K plan with company match
- Year-end bonus
- Relocation bonus (if currently located outside of San Diego)
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must be legally authorized to work in the US. We are unable to offer sponsorship.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.