Our Engineering team is growing with the addition of a Principal Developer, Security to lead the design and implementation of our Authentication and Authorization systems, and ensure all components of our ecosystem comply with – or exceed! – industry best-practices for security. This is a senior level individual contributor role, reporting to the Director, Software Development.
If making a difference matters to you and working with a company that helps its clients build better workplaces sounds like an exciting adventure, then read on!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design and implementation of our next-generation Identity service
- Identify and resolve security-related code defects across desktop and web applications
- Continually improve the overall security architecture of existing applications by implementing industry standards and best practices
- Audit use of third-party libraries to ensure they are implemented in a secure manner
- Train and mentor other developers on secure coding practices
- Help define security test plans to test for security vulnerabilities
- Research and stay informed on new security vulnerabilities and industry standards.
- On average we expect you to spend 60% of your time doing hands-on work such as evaluating solutions, building proof-of-concepts or refactoring existing code, and the rest of your time collaborating with development and QA colleagues to support their development work.
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years working as a security developer with 2+ years working on a cloud-based SaaS product
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, security, and mitigation techniques of common vulnerabilities
- A strong understanding of identity industry standards, including experience working with such as OAuth 2.0, Open ID Connect, SAML etc.
- Experience integrating with third-party identity providers and services
Nice to have:
- Experience securing .NET applications, services, and experience working with IdentityServer
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations
- Excellent understanding of symmetric and asymmetric encryption technologies
- Exposure to working in Microsoft Azure
What you can expect:
- Work in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a history of proven success
- Develop professional internal and external relationships with other people who are passionate about building better workplaces
- Foster innovation and drive efficiencies within the HR and Payroll landscape
- Connect with a rapidly growing and passionate group in an open, collaborative, and fun environment
- Live and work anywhere in Canada as part of our flexible, distributed work philosophy
We are a determined and committed team that helps Canadian companies build better workplaces through our all-in-one HCM SaaS platform. We are proud to partner with some of Canada’s most recognizable brands, spanning from Corner Brook, Newfoundland to Victoria, BC. After four decades of continued growth, we are more passionate than ever about providing great client experiences.
Avanti HCM is a highly configurable, fully integrated Payroll, Human Resource, Recruiting and Workforce Management solution that enables our clients to manage their employees from hire to retire.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Culture
At Avanti we value everyone’s opinions and ideas. We believe that an inclusive environment harnesses the power of the innate diversity of our team. This allows us to drive innovative change by evaluating and adopting suggestions based on their value to our business and not the source of the idea. We know that embracing inclusion helps us, individually and collectively, to be better every day as a company and as people. We are committed to equal opportunity and welcome people of any gender identity, race, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any underrepresented groups to apply.