Who We Are
We’re working to shine a light on all thing’s property. Our business is built around connecting the steps throughout the property journey to create a better experience for people. We call it the property marketplace, and it’s driven by our data.
As we change the way people engage with property, we need diverse thinkers to help us. So even if you don’t meet 100% of the following criteria, we’d love you to apply anyway.
Who You Are
A well-established Software Engineer, who is known for driving application development and adoption. You work collaboratively with product managers and a variety of software engineers to deliver customer outcomes.
– Solid understanding of the C# / .net
– Solid understanding of quality code and source control
– Understand the fundamentals of distributed systems i.e SOA, microservices
– Understand how to make platforms resilient and scale appropriately
Nice to have:
– Experience with OAuth / OpenID Connect
– Experience with integrating external SaaS providers
– Experience with AWS or other cloud providers (we use AWS)
– Experience with a front framework (e.g. ReactJS)
In a typical day you should expect to:
– Actively participate in agile ceremonies including planning, standups and retrospectives.
– Deliver quality code.
– Assist in the adoption of team services.
– Assist in the build / deployment of the team’s services.
– Support the team’s services.
– Assist in identifying and designing new features and services that meet the objectives of the business.
Who You’ll Work With
At Domain, we’re a small team of hard-working engineers that solve complex problems. The team is responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of common services used across Domain’s products including everything from core Search functionality, property listings ingest and management through to API authentication and notifications. We have a deep knowledge of AWS and distributed systems design which we use to create highly performant and reliable services. With deep knowledge of our client applications and integrations we help guide feature development and service adoption. If you like the challenge of running business critical systems that solve complex problems for real world customers – you’ll enjoy working with us.
Why join us?
We’re the perfect size for you to make a real impact, and we’ve created a working culture where you can be you. This means fun, safe spaces where you can enjoy a real sense of belonging:
– We have industry leading parental leave and wellbeing policies in place
– Flexible working, we are an output focused organisation
– Perks include Domain Home Loans and Domain Insure discounts and 5 weeks annual leave
– You’ll enjoy ‘Perkbox’ discounts on a range of offerings across healthcare, entertainment, food and utilities
– We’re driven by the belief that open minds open doors. We value the creativity and innovation that diversity of thought brings and are committed to building an inclusive workplace where you can be you.
We promise to give your application our full attention and to get back to you with a response either way. We hope you’re excited by the possibilities of a career with us.