For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
As an Intermediate .NET Developer at Global Relay, you’ll be using leading edge technologies to help build our AI-enabled products that are used by millions of users globally. You will also help us scale our user base by over 100x. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of C# technology.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best C# developers in Vancouver and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are intelligent, creative, have integrity, and communicate with candor, then you will fit in around here.
- Write scalable, high quality C# code, using SQL and NoSQL databases, as part of an agile Scrum team
- Create thorough unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with your team to create great, well-documented designs that meet or exceed business requirements
- Collaborate with QA to develop well-thought-out test cases
- Work with DevOps specialists to write scripts that deploy your code in an efficient, repeatable manner
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Take architectural designs from concept to approval
- Solve problems through collaboration across pods and products
- Have a positive influence on the product roadmap
- Get involved with mentoring some of the junior developers and testers
- Get really, really good at C# and SQL server
- For this role, you likely have about 3 years of C# experience using SQL or NoSQL databases and have been delivering software in an Agile team
- We work with multi-threaded environments and make use of SQL Server, MongoDB, Lucene, and Aerospike
- Kafka and ZooKeeper are used to handle our real-time data feeds and group services
- REST, Thrift, and JSON are used widely within our code
- This is a highly scalable system that currently handles millions of users. We are looking for developers to solve the problems with handling hundreds of millions of users
- Any kind of work done with Git, Jira, SonarQube, Jenkins, Artifactory, Python, and Powershell would also be really nice to see
- C++, Java, knowledge of operating system concepts have helped candidates do well in this role in the past too
- Interfacing with external APIS and ingesting thousands of messages from instant messaging apps like slack and MS teams
- You’re collaborative, a great communicator and enjoy chatting with your teammates every day
- You live in C# and databases, but like the occasional adventure in the front end
- You love building scalable, multi-threaded applications and services
- You are excited about TDD and you write unit tests for everything. 90% code coverage is not a problem for you
- You take secure coding seriously and you do this every day
- You want to be part of one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.