We are looking for a Data Engineer for the Enterprise Data Organization to build and manage data pipeline (Data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for Azure cloud-based data platform. The candidate will require to possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills.
- Design, develop and maintain reliable automated data solutions based on the identification, collection and evaluation of business requirements. Including but not limited to data models, database objects, stored procedures and views.
- Developing new and enhancing existing data processing (Data Ingest, Data Transformation, Data Store, Data Management, Data Quality) components
- Support and troubleshoot the data environment (including periodically on call)
- Document technical artifacts for developed solutions
- Good interpersonal skills; comfort and competence in dealing with different teams within the organization. Requires an ability to interface with multiple constituent groups and build sustainable relationships
- Versatile, creative temperament, ability to think out-of-the box while defining sound and practical solutions. Ability to master new skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving with effective influencing skills
- Familiar with Agile practices and methodologies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four year degree in Information Systems, Finance/Mathematics, Computer Science or similar
- 4-6 years of experience in Data Engineering
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Advanced SQL queries, scripts, stored procedures, materialized views, and views.
- Focus on ELT to load data into database and perform transformations in database.
- Ability to use analytical SQL functions.
- Snowflake experience a plus
- Cloud Data Warehouse solutions experience (Snowflake, Azure DW, or Redshift); data modeling, analysis, programming
- Experience with DevOps models utilizing a CI/CD tool
- Work in hands-on Cloud environment in Azure Cloud Platform (ADLS, Blob)
- Talend, Apache Airflow, Azure Data Factory, and BI tools like Tableau preferred.
- Analyze data models.