Designs and develops large scale enterprise-scale software and technology in support of Inspire Brands’ digital platforms. Supports marketing and Brand needs across Inspire Brands to deliver interactive and innovative guest technology.
- Work is project-oriented and employees must define actual tasks
- Understands company practices and goals. Applies them when resolving a variety of problems
- Uses both judgment and creativity, combined with sound technical knowledge, to investigate, determine, and recommend solutions.
- Receives general instructions on new work and is expected to be able to forge ahead with project-related initiatives.
- Works on problems of advanced scope and complexity, implementing and evaluating systems, and occasionally working on sub-systems.
- Contribute to maintenance, support, and roadmap of key digital technology solutions and platforms
- Design and establish software patterns to solve key business and technology problems
- Mentor, support, and guide junior developers, including code reviews, best practices, pattern reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of relevant as a Software Engineer or work experience
- 6-9 years of experience working with and developing in large-scale, high-traffic/performance applications
- Expert in TDD, Functional, and BDD
- Expert in code documentation tools like JavaDocs, JSDocs, etc.
- Expert in finding opportunities to re-use before re-build
- Expert knowledge of version control systems (preferably Git)
- Strong in writing SQL queries
- Strong in data modeling within both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with one or more back-end technologies such as NodeJS or Python
- Expert in building microservice-based architectures, RESTful services, and methodologies
- Strong in front-end technologies such as SvelteJS, ReactJS, React Native, etc.
- Strong with CDNs like Cloudflare, Akamai, etc.
- Strong with Cloud Services such as GCP, AZURE, AWS, etc.
- Excellent of CI processes (build, document, test, deploy)
- Expert in site tuning and performance optimization (HTTP Profiling, PageSpeed, etc.), including asset bundling, and code modification
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good written and verbal communication, with a proven history of being able to work and collaborate effectively with non-technical team members and/or stakeholders
- Knowledgeable in analytics and A/B testing and deployment methodologies
- Ability to fully understand and contribute to an RCA (Root Cause Analysis) documents
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, or ABILITIES
- Working functional knowledge in providing technical leadership, guidance, and results-oriented actions
- Works well and collaborates with team members from different disciplines and viewpoints.
- Knows when/how to escalate
- Able to identify potential technical or business issues within the department or organizations, recommending solutions as identified.
- Accepts guidance from Project or Technical Leads, or Engineering Managers
- Uses independent judgment within broad parameters.
- Architect, build, and enhance the usability of a large-scale and high-traffic application.
- Develop, design, and maintain simple, intuitive, and feature-rich dynamic interfaces and components, driving for an optimized and responsive experience for our users.
- Drives and enforces modern application technologies, processes, and methodologies in order to continually craft and improve the application for speed, usability, performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Drives drive, develops, and enforces engineering standards, best practices, design patterns, and architectural goals/directions
- Occasionally interface with management and other SMEs regarding the resolution of key technical issues for future technological directions
- Lead and Mentor team members with complex technical and design solutions
- Participate in and/or lead tech. talks to large audiences
- Monitor, analyze, and improve the performance and responsiveness of the application, components, and infrastructure
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices, with an eye towards applicable use or learnings from those technologies that can be leveraged for the product, team, environment, or processes.
- Expert knowledge and applicable understanding of common engineering concepts: encapsulation, abstraction, separation of concerns, and messaging/communications