At Modernizing Medicine, we look for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
South Florida Business Journal, Best Places to Work 2021
Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America – 2015 – 2019
Marketing Campaign of the Year for Telehealth – Business Intelligence Group’s Public Relations & Marketing Excellence Award 2020
Best Use of Technology in Customer Service (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards® – 2019
Customer Service Department of the Year (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards – 2018
Modernizing Medicine is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
Mod Med is seeking a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for a software suite of solutions. This candidate will build and maintain tools, infrastructure, and processes that improve product up-time and performance.
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems.
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Handle production support, troubleshooting, and on-call responsibilities.
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team.
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Participate in the 24×7 support coverage, as needed.
- Participate in the design of architectures and automation that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Manage high-traffic, high-availability web services.
- Design, implement, and maintain large-scale distributed services.
Skills & Requirements:
- Four to five years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Solid experience operating in a Windows environment, Linux is a plus (Primarily Amazon).
- Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, SQS, RDS.
- Expert in at least one programming language, such as .NET, Golang, Python, Java, Kotlin, Scala, C, C++.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and experience with Git, BitBucket, Jenkins.
- Deployment automation with tools such as Octopus, Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Ansible, or Chef.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience managing Cloud solutions (AWS Certification Preferred).
- Solid understanding of networking, proxies.
- Solid Experience with microservices and use/orchestration of containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Fargate).
- Tools we use:Microsoft IIS, SQL, Active Directory
- Hashicorp technologies (Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul)
- Atlassian Tools (Jira/Bitbucket)
- Enterprise Monitoring (Opsview/Nagios/LogicMonitor)
- Application Monitoring ( New Relic, AppDynamics)
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!