About NBG IT
With a history of 181 years in the economic and social life of the country, is one of the most important Greek financial organizations, pioneering technological developments.
NBG develops digital solutions that enhance the customer experience. Today, over 2,5 million customers are served 24/7 through the digital channels (internet and mobile banking).
During the last 5 years, driven by the transformation of the bank, NBG has set high standards for the development of solutions, and is now considered a pioneer in technology, winning distinctions at an international level.
Investing in the innovation, development and training of its Executives, the Bank is active in cutting-edge technologies such as Machine Learning & AI, Cloud, DevOps, Digital Solutions, Open Banking.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer with solid technical background that can lead a tech team.
Who you are
- Solid computer science background.
- Excellent knowledge of at least one modern language (C#, Java, Python) – Microsoft stack preferably.
- Comfortable being the primary decision maker for technical decisions for a team or product.
- Experienced in cloud technologies (principles and operation).
- Interested in building leadership and management skills.
- Enjoy working with multiple teams in alignment to deliver high-quality software.
- Enthusiastic about new technologies, with a positive, can-do attitude.
What will you do
- Lead an engineering team of skilled and enthusiastic engineers.
- End-to-end ownership of the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, support).
- Develop APIs and RESTful services, on premise or cloud.
- Contribute to architectural decisions and development to promote the applications and infrastructure’s maintainability, scalability and performance.
- Analyze business requirements and suggest solutions.
- Communicate the effectiveness of emerging technologies to decision-makers.
- An environment embracing autonomy, flexibility, and speed
- Experienced professionals and high-caliber colleagues
- Exposure to the most relevant, state-of-the-art technologies and practices
- Continuous training opportunities
- BSc in one of the following fields – Required:
– Computer science
– Computer engineering
- Prior working experience (5 years) in a relevant position – Required
- Skills as described above – Required
- Languages – Required
English: C2 level
- Personal skills:
– A curious mind with structured thinking
– An ability to build rapport with colleagues (team players)
– Self-motivated and result-driven