At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
We are passionate and innovative problem solvers that support business units across the globe, providing on-going opportunities to engage with new and challenging projects. You are passionate about data and using it in meaningful ways. You have a deep understanding of a wide-variety of big data tools and technologies which you can implement to achieve desired business outcomes. You are a team player who lifts the entire team through collaboration, mentoring and sharing your experience.
As a Data Engineer within ResMed’s Advanced Analytics team, you are responsible for transforming and analyzing data by expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline in AWS architecture. The Data Engineer will support our architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Reporting to the Manager of Data Engineering, you will play a key role of developing, constructing, testing and maintaining data on the AWS platform.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities:
- Assemble large, complex data that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing transformation for greater scalability, etc.
- Use the infrastructure/services required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS services.
- Create data for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data requirement needs.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture in AWS.
Keep our data separated and secure across boundaries through multiple AWS regions.
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor/Engineering degree in IT / Computer Science/ software engineering or relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a complex, technical environment
- Must have AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional level
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Excellent working knowledge on Linux
- Experience working with Data Scientist
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Must have experience working on Spark/Scala, Kafka, Elasticsearch and Python (at least two)
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: (Redshift, RDS, EMR, Kinesis, S3, Glue, DMS-Batch/CDC, Athena, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS etc.)
- Experience working on AWS Data Lakes
- Experience working on AWS Data Pipeline and CI/CD processes
- Exposure to Hadoop Ecosystem preferably on AWS/EMR, NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies
- Experience with Data Science tools & technologies on AWS Cloud is plus
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and able to work with stakeholders
- All listed duties, requirements and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.